SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

Not sure teh cape is removeable.. but it looks like he comes with two different "jackets" or shirts...
the pics with the cape, his Gig line runs straight down the middle of his torso.

in the ones without the cape, it seems to be over to his right ( our left) more.

Which, if memory serves, is more accurate anyways.

REgardless, AWESOME.

Good call. Also: the Cobra emblem on the jacket without the cape seems to be smaller than the emblem on the jacket with the cape, so yup -- it looks like they are, indeed, two distinct jackets, which rocks. :rock

Not sure teh cape is removeable.. but it looks like he comes with two different "jackets" or shirts...
the pics with the cape, his Gig line runs straight down the middle of his torso.

in the ones without the cape, it seems to be over to his right ( our left) more.

Which, if memory serves, is more accurate anyways.

REgardless, AWESOME.

I just read this and had to laugh. I haven't heard that term since I got out of the Marine Corps...22 years ago.

wow I don't even like GI Joe stuff but this is really cool looking

Post pics DAMMIT! :lol

I kinda wish that the helmet could sit closer to the actual head, but am pretty sure an easy mod can be done.

very cool ! 2 hs versions will pick up for sure missed the 1st release.

It looks fantastic!
Kinda disappointed they didn't use my idea of magnets to stick his mechanical back piece on his back, would've put the figure over the top.

Price seems good to me, not too high.

Really want to see more pictures. Some pics in the preview are showing different images when you click on them.

Goodness! That pic of him sitting on the throne is one of the best 1/6th 'lure you in to buy' pics I have ever seen. This may be my first figure from this line. Well done SS.

Globe accessory is too small! PASS! :panic:

ser11.jpg

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that laser pistol. Seems like I've seen another, later Joe figure with something like that, but not '82 CC.

The first release is pretty useless to me with this new one, though I think the first hooded sculpt might actually be better than this new one. This figure even has the scepter, so the previous exclusive isn't necessary. The only thing I'll probably keep from V1 is the actual, 1982-style pistol, which I'm surprised SSC didn't reuse here.

I doubt seriously we'll get two different shirts.

This CC really blows the first version away.

I wonder how soon we'll have him in hand after he goes up for pre-order on Thursday? Maybe Sideshow will surprise us and have him shipped before the year ends.

Looks fantastic! But the G.I. Joe ship has sailed for me...:(, I'll live vicariously through you guys.

Interesting precedent...the second Snake Eyes figure came with a new sculpted visor head sculpt, the second Cobra Commander figure comes with a new hooded head sculpt. Will the second Storm Shadow figure come with a new hood sculpt that can be used with the first figure?

Also, regarding how the helmet sits on the figure, CC may be like the Viper figure and look better with the short neck joint mod.

So this is one of the three figures that have been mocked up already. Where are the other two, Sideshow? :impatient:

I held out on the first release for hopes that they'd make a helmeted version, but I'm liking the hood on this new one so much I'll most likely use that as the display...:slap

Back