SSC - Ghost Rider Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Michael Crawford's site:
sdcc2017-sideshow-176.jpg

HT for the win.
BTW, the first Ghost Rider figure set included his hellcycle, or whatever. I'm assuming this one does not. Sooo... not much of a "Rider", but more like a "Walker". That stinks, because I was looking forward to this release since I missed HT's original GR.

HT for the win.
BTW, the first Ghost Rider figure set included his hellcycle, or whatever. I'm assuming this one does not. Sooo... not much of a "Rider", but more like a "Walker". That stinks, because I was looking forward to this release since I missed HT's original GR.

Well this version of GR drives a car, not a motorcycle, so....... It was rare enough back then to include the bike, no way could they include a car.. :)

Yep, SSC' one still looks bloated and those pants are hillarious.
Too bad, I actually like its jacket and realistic skull. :(

. . .

Could be an awesome lookin' figure... COULD be.

marvel-ghost-rider-sixth-scale-100385-02.jpg

marvel-ghost-rider-sixth-scale-1003851-05.jpg

Also, lookin' at the group shot makes me think of Hearts of Darkness.
If only these figures were actually good...

marvel-ghost-rider-sixth-scale-feature-100385-2.jpg

The biggest issue I have with the HT one, and it's more due to the TV show's design, but the skull doesn't look like it would fit inside a human head. It's kind of distorted, or cartoony. With the SS one, the fact that he's wearing biker chaps makes him more "old school" to me. Sure, now leather chaps are synonymous with Pride parades and male strippers, but there was a time when they meant something different. I think I prefer the biker chap look, over the jeans and sneakers look...

i wish they'd give us just one photo of what the jeans look like under the chaps. i would buy if he looked good without the chaps, but i'm not going to gamble on it. they just look so jnco to me.

If Sideshow could improve the fit of the jacket around the waist and the overall look of the chaps, then Sideshow GR would be my choice. My issues with the Reyes GR is his design, so you can't really fault HT, it looks exactly the way it's supposed to.

that jacket looks like its made from a sofa in the dumpster. lolz

the jacket will look like **** mass produced

The jacket on the SS version looks more like a shield instead of a design, and the fire doesn't look realistic at all, especially the way it sits on his head. With that being said, i do like the realistic skull, but that is it. HT with better accessories for the win!

If Sideshow could improve the fit of the jacket around the waist and the overall look of the chaps, then Sideshow GR would be my choice. My issues with the Reyes GR is his design, so you can't really fault HT, it looks exactly the way it's supposed to.

That's the **** with SS, they don't fix anything. They either don't care or are not capable of fixing it.

I don't like to bash figures in general, but at this price, Sideshow needs :horse

Improve your QC, tailoring, paint apps to HT level or drop your pricing $100.

Received an email from Sideshow today stating this is arriving early. It now has a Nov-Dec 2017 timeframe.

I honestly don't think this figure is really that bad, but it definitely is NOT worth that price. Knock 100 off and maybe it would be worth it.

I just preordere. I think the figure turned out great. If the production piece looks like what they posted on figures.com I'd be very happy. I prefer the skull on this than the HT one, to me it looks more realistic. Again, here's hoping the finished product comes out as nice.

i'm a big fan of the first 30 or so issues of the original dan ketch run, never really liked the john blaze/zarathos spin on the character. that said, i think this is a huge pile of garbage. but i'm still gonna buy it and see what i can do with it. get out my turd polishing cloth and see what happens. there, i said it.

Back