1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully the hands are the EX item, and the head is included as a regular item.

No chance. After Joker and Harley Quinn, Sideshow seem to be in the habit of making superior heads the exclusive item.

Any U.K. buyers do much shopping at Sideshow? It’d be good to know if they’ll undervalue packages or do the pre-paid customs things so I can at least avoid Royal Mail’s extortionate ‘handling fee.’ If that other head is the exclusive then I’m gonna want it.

No chance. After Joker and Harley Quinn, Sideshow seem to be in the habit of making superior heads the exclusive item.

That's fine then.

I'll wait for Mondo's animated version. No way am I buying direct from SSC.

Do you have the newest Joker? I do and I've only displayed the EX one time. When I initially bought it, I thought I'd never display the regular head, but in hand it's really really good and I prefer it over the EX. The regular head (as well as the figure as a whole) looks like a realistic take on BTAS Joker to me. As for Harley, the heads are completely different on that one so idk how one is "superior" than the other considering the reg is her classic look with Jester hat and the EX is a bit more modern take.

With that said, I really don't think the EX for Gambit will be the head. It wouldn't be shocker if it was, but I don't think it will be. When you look at their previous Marvel releases, the EX has been an accessory, not a headsculpt.

• Brown Wolverine=katana
  • Punisher=gun
  • Cyclops =sizzle visor
  • Yellow Wolvy=boneclaws
  • Magneto=Cerebro Helmet
  • Daredevil=walking stick
  • Deadpool=floating head
  • Ghost Rider=fire effects
  • Luke Cage=brass knuckle fists

This is the first SS comic figure I’ve been really impressed by. The head sculpt looks good and in proper scale. The first shot actually reminds me of Channing Tatum. I think the main reason is due to the costume not having the spandex look. I wonder if these would look better if SS used some kind of textured fabric. The top coat also helps. While the Wolverine figure looks like his comic counterpart, Cyclops looks good with the jacket on, but kind of skinny with the jacket off. I think the issue is the base bodies are normal human proportions (7-1/2 -8 heads) vs. superhero proportions (8-1/2 to 9 heads). Would like to see how they take on some of the females like Rogue, Storm and Jean.

Gambit is now up for pre-order
Though it looks like there is no exclusive ?
I ordered mine !😎

The long-hair sculpt looks pretty good..

gambit-deluxe_marvel_gallery_5fd25be98330b.jpg

That long hair sculpt looks perfect. This looks really good. Glad there's no exclusive as well since I'll probably wait until production photos are out before ordering.

I hope they do a really good Rogue to go with him.

Wow--I dont care about Gambit but this looks like the best figure Sideshow have done. I hope they do a Bane or a Green Lantern this good.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

This looks REALLY good especially with everything he comes with. However, it really makes the other figures seem way over-priced, even more so now than before. He comes with so many goodies at only $25 more than Cyclops & Magneto and $20 more than Wolverine. He's definitely a better value by comparison. Swappable mouth-pieces for Cyclops and wolverine would've been nice just like this has swappable hair.

Does KGHobby get sideshow stuff in? They’re my go-to store but I could also really do with using a payment plan at the moment.

It’s amazing how the longer hair completely transforms that sculpt. I love an over exaggerated-quiffed Gambit but that floppy hair will be my display option of choice.

I really detest Gambit, especially since he was intended to be a mole for Sinister (by his creator - the all powerful Claremont). His whole vibe is just blech to me. But this is such a well executed figure, it's gorgeous, I think I want it in my collection, forget the character. Wow. The sculpt, the accessories, the engineering and execution of his costume... And sideshows production pieces sometimes out-shine their protos.

Wow this reallllyy came out amazing. Exactly what I wanted in a gambit figure. And I?m talking about the long hair look. The short hair set up looks pretty bad with the ears but thankfully they gave us options. They?re really knocking it out of the park with this X-Men line! fingers crossed they make a colossus next! Has to be shiny too. Not like the matte look of 1/4 scale statues of late.

Back