SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

Hi, I'm new! I've been stalking the forums for a few months now, but I can't stay silent any longer. Poor Firefly, what did he ever do to deserve this treatment? The other figures so far have been a good mix of old and new. What happened? Parka with hood? No camo on the balaclava? This isn't the Firefly we know and love. Very disappointing...

What I want to know, is who made the call to make him green? Seriously, how to they come to these decisions?
Its as if they are trying to bring in collectors of simple military figures and not Joe ones, and this was the best way to do that

FF1.jpg

Dude, you seriously need to tweak your monitor. There's absolutely no green in that figure save for the grenades, the TMP and the detonator.

I dunno guys. I was a huge GI Joe fan as a kid, lots and lots of toys and loved the cartoons. I never did get into the comics much.

I wasn't going to get into this line but I got sucked in. I am happy with how this figure turned out, it isn't perfect but what is. It is close enough for me to have in my collection with the rest of the cobras. Anyone who is a Joe fan can tell this is firefly.

FF1.jpg

Dude, you seriously need to tweak your monitor. There's absolutely no green in that figure save for the grenades, the TMP and the detonator.

Ahhh...so it is NOT just me. I have been looking for the green, and other than the weapons/equipment...I wasn't seeing it.

Because there are some people who are Sideshow fans FIRST and fans of actual properties a distant 7th.

I'm not sure I agree... I think most people are just happy with what it looks like. Don't forget that forum groups make up a very small percentage of the buying audience, and of the people that do use boards, those that complain about any given product is an even smaller group. It just so happens the can't stop complaining about it, giving the impression that there are a lot of people upset by it. Seriously, go back and count how many people are posting in this thread that aren't happy with the figure and you'll find its probably 20 people. Kind of puts it in perspective, doesn't it?

So, to summarize: is there anyone here who would object to seeing the head given camo paint ops? I know it's not going to be enough to make everyone who has problems with this figure happy, but it seems like it would be seen unanimously as an improvement.

Am I right?

So, to summarize: is there anyone here who would object to seeing the head given camo paint ops? I know it's not going to be enough to make everyone who has problems with this figure happy, but it seems like it would be seen unanimously as an improvement.

Am I right?

If given the choice between how he looks now and painting his head to match the parka, I'm all for leaving well enough alone. I plan on swapping him out to a darker gray digital camouflage anyway and having the head painted with big white blotches, to match the patterns of the parka will make him look more like the ROC Ice Viper - a figure he already closely resembles as is and a direction I DON'T want Sideshow to go. So I would say nay. Leave him be.

Am I right?

If everyone said "yes", SS still wouldn't change it. Even if they did, you would still have people saying thats not firefly. SS biggest mistake was changing the classic design.

its sad when non property fans are trying to tell us we should be happy with something...

I think "300" is freaking lame and I'll say so, but I'd feel like an idiot trying to tell the "300" fans that an item is acceptable when a vast majority of the fans are saying its not.

Not sure why non GI Joe die hard fans are sticking up for SSC here.

I'll put this up to you: please define to us what is the difference between "property fan" and "non property fan". I see you and IrishJedi throwing these terms around, but please enlighten us what exactly this means.

Your 300 argument above is ridiculous & illogical - people buying the figure, line, whatever, like GI Joe in someway. You trying to attribute people who actually like the look of the figure as people who think GI Joe is "freaking lame" or "feel like an idiot" with that 300 analogy is dishonest.

Personally, I think GI Joe means different things to different people and we're fans in different ways. Hell, I keep a copy of the "Silent Interlude" issue on my Iphone, but that's more out of nostalgia than being a hardcore fan of any sort.

Hey, you're disappointed with the look - TELL SIDESHOW. However, don't be a jerk to other posters here by waving some sort of "I'm a better fan than you" flag and making up false arguments. It's insulting and more importantly, not persuasive whatsoever. Some people here have put up alternate mockups (and a good job I must say) which can get other posters on their side when they see "hey, that looks better!". You being divisive? Not so much.

If everyone said "yes", SS still wouldn't change it. Even if they did, you would still have people saying thats not firefly. SS biggest mistake was changing the classic design.

Or revealing the concept art, giving a certain set of expectations.

He could have ben shuch a cool figure.:confused:

He is a cool figure. He may not be the Firefly that traditionalists know and love, but the head sculpt and accessories make this a great figure. I am a huge Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow fan, but Firefly is my most anticipated figure in this line to date.

Last edited:

I'll put this up to you: please define to us what is the difference between "property fan" and "non property fan". I see you and IrishJedi throwing these terms around, but please enlighten us what exactly this means.

Your 300 argument above is ridiculous & illogical - people buying the figure, line, whatever, like GI Joe in someway. You trying to attribute people who actually like the look of the figure as people who think GI Joe is "freaking lame" or "feel like an idiot" with that 300 analogy is dishonest.

Personally, I think GI Joe means different things to different people and we're fans in different ways. Hell, I keep a copy of the "Silent Interlude" issue on my Iphone, but that's more out of nostalgia than being a hardcore fan of any sort.

Hey, you're disappointed with the look - TELL SIDESHOW. However, don't be a jerk to other posters here by waving some sort of "I'm a better fan than you" flag and making up false arguments. It's insulting and more importantly, not persuasive whatsoever. Some people here have put up alternate mockups (and a good job I must say) which can get other posters on their side when they see "hey, that looks better!". You being divisive? Not so much.

Basically, they're trying to say, "if you've never owned a pair of G.I. Joe underoos, and aren't currently trying to find some in your size, zip it!" :p

In all seriousness though, there are people who are like diet G.I. Joe fans telling the hardcore collectors who've been picking this stuff up since the straight-armed RAH figures what's right and what's wrong. I think that's equally insulting, personally.

I'm not sure I agree... I think most people are just happy with what it looks like. Don't forget that forum groups make up a very small percentage of the buying audience, and of the people that do use boards, those that complain about any given product is an even smaller group. It just so happens the can't stop complaining about it, giving the impression that there are a lot of people upset by it. Seriously, go back and count how many people are posting in this thread that aren't happy with the figure and you'll find its probably 20 people. Kind of puts it in perspective, doesn't it?

Just take a look around here, Hisstank & other fourms about this issue. Count how many people have commented on the SS site about this.
I would say the group to have the mask changed outweighs the happy with this one group. Even you said you would be cool with changing the mask.....And don't forget about the lazy pissed off people who buy this line but don't post.

In all seriousness though, there are people who are like diet G.I. Joe fans telling the hardcore collectors who've been picking this stuff up since the straight-armed RAH figures what's right and what's wrong. I think that's equally insulting, personally.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Collecting since 81'.

Just take a look around here, Hisstank & other fourms about this issue. Count how many people have commented on the SS site about this.
I would say the group to have the mask changed outweighs the happy with this one group. Even you said you would be cool with changing the mask.....And don't forget about the lazy pissed off people who buy this line but don't post.

Psssssst.... Hisstank.com doesn't count. They're a bunch of d-bags who've trashed every single one of Sideshow's 12" figures.

Fix the quote! :lol:p

Back