SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

For anyone who fails to understand our general disappointment:

Lets say you are a huge fan of License-X. You have always dreamed about Company-X making collectibles from License-X, and finally your dreams have come true. Company-X then announces they are gonna make Figure-X from you beloved License-X!

Source material:

boba-fett.jpg

Company-X then release concept art for the future Figure-X:

Company-X then releases pictures of actual product:

BobaFettAtBay-thumb.jpg

Cue dissapointed fans.....

Any questions?

WTF?! Where are the horns from the concept drawing?! :tap

I've been a Joe fan since issue 3 of the comic book was put on newstands. And I think this figure is fantastic. :clap An awesome new look for a fave. Bravo! :rock

That's a good analogy, because there are numerous versions of Boba Fett--the black and white concept versions, the slightly different versions from the two films, the toy version, the Holiday Special version, etc. However, if he was released and did not look pretty dang close to the most recognizable, movie versions, Star Wars fans would riot in the streets. Same thing with Firefly.

Hopefully with all of the pitchforks around here and on the SS site, someone will at least get a memo to make a slight change. At the very least, get Beach Head, Flint, Zartan & Destro somewhat looking like the 80's line.

Yeah, hopefully one positive of all this is that we won't get Zartan looking like a mix between Devil's Due and the movie version or whatever when he's released. Don't stray too far from the classic source material, Sideshow.

Main point of fustration: I love what they have done so far, invested hundreds in the line, find out a character I love will not look anything like he is supposed to. A big break in the continuity of the line.

I will just paint the head or get it painted, either way, its getting painted.

I wonder how many of the people b****ing here bought that wall. 'cause if you did, your credibility is about as shot as this figure's likeness. :lol

That fricking looks 100% better. That is what Firefly should look like...please make it happen Sideshow so I don't have to pay someone to custom paint it for me.

That is SO much better. :lecture

I really don't understand Sideshow sometimes. What the frick is up with their decision process on something like this? :banghead

I would be much happier if sideshow would just paint the damn thing so I dont have to. Come on Sideshow, paint the f$$king head.

Seriously, are there no true RAH fans at Sideshow? No way this would have gotten this far, if so. It shouldn't take a legion of fans and collectors to point out that this is FAIL for a Firefly figure... especially after they showed a concept that was much more faithful.

WHY????? :huh

Firefly mod by robbiethepainter:

fireflymod.jpg

And this is totally possible for Sideshow to do!

1) Have them change the headsculpt paint to this camo scheme. Simple. Requires no real work besides the actual painting. Nothing that shouldn't be easily altered at this stage.

2) Make sure the clothes come out grey instead of greenish. Again, shouldn't be a problem as I doubt they've sourced the fabric used for the production figures. And if they have, it is possible they are accurate (and the proto is as well) but it isn't photographing right.

So really, if the fabric is correct to begin with, all Sideshow needs to do to vastly improve the figure is change the mask paint and I just can't see that being a huge issue, especially since the figure isn't in production yet (at least I'm assuming). So yeah, lets get Sideshow working on fixing Firefly!

I've been a Joe fan since issue 3 of the comic book was put on newstands. And I think this figure is fantastic. :clap An awesome new look for a fave. Bravo! :rock

Is it just me or is it basically 3-4 people freaking out and accounting for like 60-70% of this thread?

Rook - But that means you're only "a fan of this line", and not a "real fan of GI Joe". I guess I'm lumped in with you since I think the figure looks pretty good too... :monkey2

King Darkness - Take a stand and don't buy the figure at all. You spent a dozen posts railing strongly against it, but will STILL buy it? That's just freakin' mind boggling... :banghead

I wonder how many of the people b****ing here bought that wall. 'cause if you did, your credibility is about as shot as this figure's likeness. :lol

WHAT? Are you being serious? I bought the wall, I love the wall. That doesn't make this figure look any more like Firefly that he did before. That is a terrible justification... just terrible. Just because you you like an enviroment piece doesn't mean you can't have an opionion on Firefly. Or vise versa. Dumb.

Everyone isn't obligated to have the same opionion about all the pieces SS puts out.

Gonna sleep on it now but pretty much feel the same as I did several hours ago. Really cool looking, interesting figure that just doesn't quite strike me as being Firefly. Still about 50/50 on whether I will throw a pre-order down for him.

Edit - damn the camo on the mask really does make a world of difference. Just saying.

And this is totally possible for Sideshow to do!

1) Have them change the headsculpt paint to this camo scheme. Simple. Requires no real work besides the actual painting. Nothing that shouldn't be easily altered at this stage.

2) Make sure the clothes come out grey instead of greenish. Again, shouldn't be a problem as I doubt they've sourced the fabric used for the production figures. And if they have, it is possible they are accurate (and the proto is as well) but it isn't photographing right.

So really, if the fabric is correct to begin with, all Sideshow needs to do to vastly improve the figure is change the mask paint and I just can't see that being a huge issue, especially since the figure isn't in production yet (at least I'm assuming). So yeah, lets get Sideshow working on fixing Firefly!

Im with you on this. They can do it. At the very least make sure the clothes are grey. If they aren't then painting the head will clash with the costume and I cant have that.

WHAT? Are you being serious? I bought the wall, I love the wall. That doesn't make this figure look any more like Firefly that he did before. That is a terrible justification... just terrible. Just because you you like an enviroment piece doesn't mean you can't have an opionion on Firefly. Or vise versa. Dumb.

Everyone isn't obligated to have the same opionion about all the pieces SS puts out.

Gonna sleep on it now but pretty much feel the same as I did several hours ago. Really cool looking, interesting figure that just doesn't quite strike me as being Firefly. Still about 50/50 on whether I will throw a pre-order down for him.

Edit - damn the camo on the mask really does make a world of difference. Just saying.

If you paid $130 for a friggin' corner of a wall, a suitcase that doesn't open and an itty bitty polystone wolf, you should have no issue buying anything sideshow tosses at us for the Joe line. :lol

I really dig SSC's Joe line. To the point that I sold my modern Hasbro stuff (and have put serious thought at selling my vintage collection), but I have to agree that it is an odd choice not to have a camouflaged mask on Firefly. Hopefully this oversight is addressed in a timely fashion.

Back