SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That could be. I've had a order through BBTS for several months on a regular. If my WL Ex converts thats great and if not thats ok too.

LukeBellaMay2010012.jpg

insp_captkirk.png

Still not 100% sold on this figure. My gripes are the headsculpt (looks too Chip Hazard-like), the paint aps on the hair and questions on the body. For those that have in-hand, are the joints tight? I think one reason why the head looks off is that it may be a tad too big for the body (an affliction of many Sideshow figures). I think he may look better by adding some bulk to his upper body as well as his legs and hips, or swapping out the body as the shoulders need to be broader. The large head makes him look too Hasbro-like.

Khev, did you get your exclusives shipped in seperate boxes or one big box? I'm surprised Sideshow ddin't catch their snafu.

Just got mine today as well, can't wait to get home. Of course, not many people left in the offic etoday so i may go ahead and open him up here at work...

Khev, did you get your exclusives shipped in seperate boxes or one big box? I'm surprised Sideshow ddin't catch their snafu.

Two separate boxes, two separate charges, two tracking numbers, everything. I initially had a P number for the order since it was placed by phone. It converted to a T number shortly after but they never removed the first and ended up treating them as two separate transactions.

Perfect use of the Kirk pic, Khev.

Still not 100% sold on this figure. My gripes are the headsculpt (looks too Chip Hazard-like), the paint aps on the hair and questions on the body. For those that have in-hand, are the joints tight? I think one reason why the head looks off is that it may be a tad too big for the body (an affliction of many Sideshow figures). I think he may look better by adding some bulk to his upper body as well as his legs and hips, or swapping out the body as the shoulders need to be broader. The large head makes him look too Hasbro-like.

[fanboy]Looks nothing like Chip, he looks like Duke to me. A hardened soldier that bosses around other hardened soldiers. The body is prolly the best SS has put out, nice height, mass and holds every pose I've put him in. The head size is perfect IMHO, this version of the pro has wider shoulders. Sure the hair color can be picked on, but it looks fine to me. I don't know of any Hasbro figure that is even close to this level.

He would hold his on on a shelf of Hot Toys military figures. [/fanboy]

Two separate boxes, two separate charges, two tracking numbers, everything. I initially had a P number for the order since it was placed by phone. It converted to a T number shortly after but they never removed the first and ended up treating them as two separate transactions.

Put one back in its little shipping box and send it over to FLOSI... Pronto!

On a side note, I think people are having a tough time accepting that SS is going for a slightly stylized look with the human head sculpts in this line. Duke, Flint and Beachhead all have a slightly comic book/ cartoon look. This being the first such release it seems that some folks are a little less accepting... TBH, after the first round of pics I was a little sceptical myself but now I'm finding the wait to be unbearable. Duke looks bad ass! :lecture

Last edited:
pictures do not give this figure justice...its much better in hand

On a side note, I think people are having a tough time accepting that SS is going for a slightly stylized look with the human head sculpts in this line. Duke, Flint and Beachhead all have a slightly comic book/ cartoon look. This being the first such release it seems that some folks are a little less accepting... TBH, after the first round of pics I was a little sceptical myself but now I'm finding the wait to be unbearable. Duke looks bad ass! :lecture

...cough...Storm Shadow...cough... ...newbs. :rolleyes:

I just opened mine, futzed him and put him on display. I must admit... I'm a tad underwhelmed by this figure. Don't dig the factory head paint (and doll dot!). The head is just not up to snuff for $125... at all.

It's a good figure overall and has some great gear, just a bit disappointing in some areas (especially for the price). Probably my least favorite figure in the line so far (I don't count Cherry Commander), but I;m glad to have it, because you gotta have Duke.

Still uber excited for Firefly & Beachhead, though.

Funny side note: When I first opened the shipping package and looked at the box (again, the packaging for this line owns) it kinda felt like I had just received a Khev figure. You and that damn forum avatar. :lol

This is how I feel. Even though I prefer the "live-action" style, I am still all the way good with the way they are doing these figures.

And actually, I feel that Storm Shadow's bare head sculpt is of the same style. And I can see that same interpretation in the eyes of the masked portraits as well.

I got mine this afternoon.
I was not liking the pics of the head sculpt others were posting here and felt I'll have to display him with the helmet on.
Now that I have him in hand, pics don't do the figure justice. The head is in accurate scale and although the painted hair isn't perfect, the whole paint job is satisfactory. The sculpt is perfect, reminds me of Duke right away and I now prefer him without the helmet. Costume and accessories are great and the binoculars are a worthy exclusive.

The new body is great, I wasn't happy with the first Prometheus, but I'm now won over. The joints are tighter, the height is better, it's more proportionate, the clothes fit better, and the torso no longer wants to hunch over.
The only issue is the barrel on my XCR was glued in a little cockeyed.

Overall, I'm really glad I got Duke.

I've noticed some people displaying him with the elastic cuffs on the pants showing; invert the cuffs if you don't want them to show, it looks much better that way.

I don't really see Duke's head as stylized. Other then the too perfect features it looks like it could be a real person, that is if it was better painted.

Critique it when you actually have it sitting in your lap or GTFO. All of what you said is completely inaccurate. :lol Of all the figures Sideshow's released, the proportions here are just about perfect. The head is to scale with the body. The hair looks 1000x better in hand because you're judging it off of the flash-washed pics. The shoulders and chest are beefed up and look perfectly fine. The shoulders DO NOT need to be broader either, otherwise you're gonna end up with gorilla style original TrueType shoulders which couldn't be more unrealistic. And as far as the joints, they're perfectly tight.

Hey, take it easy. Just stating my opinion (which I thought was what this forum is for) based on pics which people have posted. Haven't you made a purchasing decision based on pics, or do you never judge something until you actually purchase the item and have in-hand? :peace But good to hear the joints are tight, and I'm curious to see first hand the new beefed up Pro. Still think his lower body looks rather scrawny and could you use a little padding.

Last edited:
I absolutely see Duke's portrait as being an animation-style sculpt.

I am not saying that there are no people in the world whom that portrait could be painted to look like (Dolph Lundgren is one possibility). But when you compare it to the comics and cartoons, there is no room for doubting that the interpretation is based on animation.

Back