SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont like his head. Its way waaaay too cartoonish for me. It look like a crossbreed of Arnold Schwartzeggar and Duke Nuke Em. I may have to pass on this. Im not feeling this.

More info on the exclusive pre-order is up, along with more pics.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=7123&utm_source=wp_news

Great pic of Duke's gear:

2u77tkz.jpg

I can't wait for this Friday but I'm gonna have to cancel the reg version I thought was the only version of this guy!

WTF?!?!?

no knife??????

Exactly. :lol I was complaining about that a few posts back as well.

I could also nit pick and say that he needs extra magazines for his sidearm as well, but the figure is pretty damn good.

Snake Eyes was always my favorite Joe character and I love the figure, but this figure of Duke is really growing on me...

I am guessing all the gear is manufactured by Hot Toys?..looks very similar.

No knife, no biggie. I'm sure you can pick up a 1/6th Ka-bar on ebay, no?

That pic with the apple is a bit strange...

ade8_1.JPG

Looks like the same Hot Toys water bottle that came with my mountain ops sniper.

The gun and side arm leg holster looks very Hot Toys as well.

ade8_1.JPG

Looks like the same Hot Toys water bottle that came with my mountain ops sniper.

The gun and side arm leg holster looks very Hot Toys as well.

Thats cos they both look like the real life versions. Unless you want to say Hot Toys makes 1:1 military stuff for real world use as well.

Thats cos they both look like the real life versions. Unless you want to say Hot Toys makes 1:1 military stuff for real world use as well.

Its a strong possiblility that its Hot Toys though, since Hot Toys worked with SS on armored figures and i think even Snake Eyes was a colaboration with Hot Toys..don't quote me on that though.

Point being is, to any owners of Hot Toys PCU or ACU Mountain OPS Sniper...they may see a similarity here with, yea a water bottle and a few other parts. Only way to know for sure is more close up pics of the gear, or its confirmed parts of the figure are HT.

No knife, no biggie. I'm sure you can pick up a 1/6th Ka-bar on ebay, no?

That pic with the apple is a bit strange...

I make my own 1:6 knives from steel so that's not an issue for me...

actually to be honest you can actually put together pretty much everything on this figure from loose 1/6 parts already available on the market... with the exception of the head and the laser rifle...

i'll probably just pick up the laser rifle loose and Kitbash the rest myself.

But he really really should come with a knife... what kind of soldier doesn't carry a knife?!?!?!?

You're still wrong. Hot Toys had nothing to do with Snake Eyes either. They assisted with the armor body, and that's it.

Its kind of like the cheap LCD television one buys at say walmart, which is Samsung parts inside but, goes by a totally different name.

Its quite possible its the same thing with the gear i am talking about here.I am not saying it is in fact a fact!!..you have to read what i am saying, not read what you want to hear from me so, you can leave insulting replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its kind of like the cheap LCD television one buys at say walmart, which is Samsung parts inside but, goes by a totally different name.

Its quite possible its the same thing with the gear i am talking about here.I am not saying it is in fact a fact!!..you have to read what i am saying, not read what you want want to hear from me so, you can leave insulting replies.

So if both Sideshow and HotToys get the water bottle from the same 3rd-party factory in China, does that mean it's HotToys water bottle? I've seen that same bottle on several other figures as well.

Back