SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of the box, SE and SS are pretty low on the totem pole, but once on the TT they are near the top.

I think I rate them.
Beachhead
Firefly
Snake Eyes
Storm Shadow
Cobra Trooper
Cobra Officer
Red Ninja
Flint
Duke
Cobra Commander
Cobra Sniper (kit bashed into a Python Patrol)
Cobra Commander Cherry Popsicle (don't own)

Once you put Snakes on a TTA, he jumps to the top for me, but was ranking them strictly out of the box.

You know, I'd concur with the first part of your statement, but I prefer the Trooper and the Officer over Cobra Commander. Sniper, not so much because I felt Sideshow had too many trooper variants after his announcement. Cobra Commander has better weapons with his MP7 and the Desert Eagle, but I don't like REMFs.

The officer was essentially a trooper rehash with a new rifle and new HS. CC out of the box can look a bit bland, but once you get the boots, gloves and drizzle on him, he's easily a focal point in the Cobra collection.

I think eventually I'll get the Cobra Throne and then BAM Cobra Commander will resume his rightful place as overlord. :lol

I like CC but think he is the weakest figure in the line. I've thought bout swapping his outfit with a Sniper . . .

If the piping on CC's outfit was shaped more broad at the shoulders and then taper closer together as it goes down, that would have been much cooler than the 2 almost parrallel lines.

Hope you all can help a new guy out. Where you do you guys go to get the different equipment you put on your Joes? Thanks for the help

Check the pics in this thread or on Sideshow's site for reference. It's not difficult, really; the clasp should be directly under Duke's chin while the front straps should run parallel down either cheek and the rear straps go behind his ears.

I've had this figure for a week and still can't figure out the helmet straps....

What part? The square part (two vertical straps in back) cradle the back of his head at the top of his neck. The chin strap gets opened to go above and below his chin. Then it's just a matter of tightening the side straps and tucking them up under the helmet. Not the same helmet but the straps are similar:

KA-AC-2101-TAN-1L.jpg

KA-AC-2101-TAN-3L.jpg

KA-AC-2101-TAN-2L.jpg

Once you figure the straps out they're still screwed up. They're sewn a little off center and trying to get them to fit squarely on his chin is difficult. I shortened the left side and that seemed to fix it, but I just wish Sideshow got it right from the beginning.
I hope they fix the chinstrap on Hawk's Helmet.

Back