SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Deluxe Clonetrooper?

Thanks for the pics dartball! The 501st looks like the best clone so far, IMO.

Just opened mine...beautiful paint aps! In fact, when I took the clam shell off I was overwhelmed with the smell of paint....ahhhh...that new smell!!

I feel the same about the scratches too.. some looks like sharpie scribbles (well for me atleast) but ill wait to see it in person
I may tone down the scratches on the veteran version - they do look a tad over-the-top, but shall wait to see in person

I'm nostalgic for a time when troopers didn't have names, recognizable rank outside of Tatooine and served for nothing more than parades and target practice.

Yeah. Honestly, I don't understand the number lingo and colors. Everyone is calling that one clone "501st". Im assuming thats a regiment number? Is he the whole regiment? :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

That's from a video game? Cartoon? Both maybe? Perhaps books or comics?

I think Lucas adapted that from the actual group of fans named the 501st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I thought you were making a joke, so I stumbled onto the site of the fan-dress-up group and that's about it:

Where did the 501st name come from?
Legion Founder Albin Johnson (TK-210) chose the name in 1997 to represent our fictional unit of Imperial Stormtroopers. Author Timothy Zahn, with the approval of Lucasfilm, honored us by incorporating the name into his Star Wars novel Survivor's Quest in 2004. Since then, the 501st name has continued to appear in official Star Wars material including books, toys and video games. See our official listing in the starwars.com Databank here. Read more about the origin of the 501st name here.

To which I say… Waaaay too much geek for me. ;)

That's from a video game? Cartoon? Both maybe? Perhaps books or comics?
Well - in addition to the aforementioned connections, there's also that scene in ROTS where bad Anakin storms off to the Jedi temple to do some murdering - with a large group of 501st clones accompanying him. That's obviously the 'in film' indicator too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct. It was a great nod, and an honor for the 501st Legion.

Got mine yesterday and opened him up. Great figure and the big gun is in his hands with the backpack on his back. Worth every penny, $15 shipped :yess: RP's

Just teasing. Of course I'm gonna include pics :lol

The gang.jpg
Deluxe 501st vs 501st.jpg

The new weathering is surely more realistic but...I just can't decide if I like the effect of troopers darkened almost like Sandtroopers among the older, clearer ones...

^Lol at the anti-gravity post :lol .....*Sigh* i cant wait to have my veteran clone :gah:

Well - in addition to the aforementioned connections, there's also that scene in ROTS where bad Anakin storms off to the Jedi temple to do some murdering - with a large group of 501st clones accompanying him. That's obviously the 'in film' indicator too..

Vader's Fist...I personally perfer that name.

:)

Back