SSC Collect for life bracelet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does however fit wonderfully over my twig and berries..
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Ha, ha......Be careful with those self-experiments, just a few unpure thoughts and it might not fit quite so "wonderfully" or comfortably.

About a week ago I received an e-mail from a collector responding to an ad I put on a Dutch noticeboard.

He wanted to buy my extra Ugluk and preferred to pick it up in person. That same evening he also asked me to put aside my extra Lurtz statue, as he would like to see that one too.

Two days later, an elderly couple (well in their fifties) showed up at my house. I thought that they were here to collect the statue for their son.
Turns out it was them that collected :lol

They told me that their son indeed collects as well, but that they have their own statue collection.
I made them a good deal on both statues and gave them a couple of SSW catalogues as extras.
Whilst looking at the rest of my collection, I noticed a keychain and "Collect for Life" bracelet, both of which I had extras. I gave those too and explained the idea behind the bracelet. I showed them that I too wore it.

They turned quiet and I could see a hint of sadness in the couple's eyes. It was a sign of mixed emotions.
They told me that their youngest son was diagnosed with cancer, so they knew the pain and despair only too well. At the same time they were both proud and pleased to find out that the company that makes these wonderful collectibles that they so love and enjoy, aids to the cancer foundation.

Needless to say, the respect for Sideshow grew even more.

It so happens that one of my own best friends is suffering from cancer too, so it does hit home very hard.

Thank you Sideshow for caring for more than just collectors.
My collection means even more to me now.

Yeah, it is really cool that SS does this in the aid to help rid the world of Cancer.

Two days later, an elderly couple (well in their fifties) showed up at my house.

ummm, think about that lasher. :) I'm over 50 and I am definitely not elderly! :poke

and, for those of you putting your braclets in odd places, you wanna hear about how my great grama used to neuter cats?

Anyway, that is a really great story Lasher. Makes me proud to buy stuff form Sideshow. :)

That is a beautiful, beautiful story Lasher - can you email it to me (PM for address) - or even have the nice couple email me - and I will give it to Greg (Sideshow CEO) - he would LOVE to hear it. We have a couple of very courageous staff members here in the office who are currently fighting the battle against cancer, which is what led him to forge this incredible bond with the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Thank you for sharing :grouphug

Hello all,

This story concerns me and my parents,
this is exactly what happened, just as Peter said...
The form of cancer i had was the exact form Armstrong had,
everything is under controll now, chemo-therapy worked great for me, now i'm on a one year check-up and all seems well,
Because of this, me and my parents and brother, look at life in a different perspective as you can imagine.
Lets say one gets totally different priorities and appreciates life and the people you get to meet living yours is all the more important!!
So Peter, again you are a great person with your heart in the right place...

read the following and you'll understand why

Grtz Undertaker

p078.ezboard.com/fsidesho...7773.topic

Back