SSC 1:6 Scale Dusty!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex. Ordered.

Looks like the Cobra Sniper headsculpt on the desert trooper with Dragunov. Desert Sniper?
desertsniper.jpg

Ex. Ordered.

Looks like the Cobra Sniper headsculpt on the desert trooper with Dragunov. Desert Sniper?
desertsniper.jpg

Have to admit I'm pretty anxious for the announcement of this environment though I expect it to be rediculously priced.

I really don't think Dusty warrants two troopers though. Maybe if there were more desert Joes to go with him. I guess we can look forward to tan Grunt. :dunno

Looks like VIPERS are finally getting some lip service in the new line:

DESERT TROOPER
Code Name: DUSTY

As America's most elite fighting squadron, the G.I.JOE team requires its special operations forces to be well-prepared for taking on the terrorist group COBRA in any environment, no matter how harsh or unforgiving it may be. Fortunately, when it comes to tracking down enemies in the vast, sweltering expanses of the desert, they know to turn to Ronald Tadur. After growing up in Las Vegas, Nevada, Tudar's days were spent keeping things cool as a refrigerator repairman and his evenings studying desert ecology. Tadur believed his skills in the desert could be a valuable asset to the JOE team, and after basic training, he adopted the code name DUSTY and has been fighting alongside his fellow American heroes ever since.

While Dusty's training might seem too specific for most military units, his knowledge of sandy, barren environments comes in handy. Even COBRA has gone great lengths to employ their own series of VIPERS and soldiers who are specially trained in desert combat. It's during these missions that Dusty's experience could be the deciding factor between victory and defeat.

SO . . .

When Dusty is finally released . . . how many who passed for "pooh" "pooh" reasons will end up . . . attempting to score one?

:rotfl

I preordered even though I'm not crazy about him. Not that he isn't extremely cool, he is. I just wish they'd tackle more iconic characters.
I am really hanging on for Zartan and Destro, I mean, if SSC would just make them already, they could print their own money!

And canteens...there was a complaint about not having them...but not to worry. They are there.

That was me. Canteens will do, but a Camelbak would be nicer. Imagine Dusty lying prone on the ground with his FAMAS set on its bipod, waiting to ambush some Cobras. He's been lying there, waiting for hours, with the patience of a predator...because he's hydrating himself with his Camelbak! Come to think of it, some desert camo netting would have been cool, too...but we can save that for Lowlight.

Generous assortment of switch-out hands
Two (2) pairs switch-out boots, standing and action

I guess we all should wait until the final specs come out before complaining, huh?

Probably the same as flint, 2 trigger, 2 grabbing and 2 fists.

Someone mentioned this before (can't remember who) but I agree - I think a saluting hand should be standard with each Joe release as well.

Back