SSC 1:6 Scale Dusty!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how about one of those giant camel spider things? :lol

a421camelspider_1.jpg

That's an optical illusion bud. Camel spiders aren't that big. :lol

that's real but it's 2 spiders.

I know it's real and that there're two spiders in that shot. That pic's from Iraq. Camel spiders aren't that big, it's just the way the pic was taken that makes them look so. Biggest they get is about the size of a small tarantula. :lol

I hope they change his gloves, they're the same as Dukes. If not it's an easy pass for me. Way to go Sideshow.

well it would make sense if the joes had the same gloves they are all on the same team so they would probably have similar if not the same gear..Idk just makes sense to me I don't think the US military gives every troop his own unique pair of gloves

I know it's real and that there're two spiders in that shot. That pic's from Iraq. Camel spiders aren't that big, it's just the way the pic was taken that makes them look so. Biggest they get is about the size of a small tarantula.

Camel Spiders/Sun Spiders/Wind Scorpions - That photo was outed years ago as being a point-of-view illusion. 3 inches (with the legs stretched out in front and back) would likely net you a world record for size. And they are arachnids, but not spiders. They have their own classification (solifugae) and there are about 1,000 species. Some of which resemble spiders more than others and some of which are a little more scorpion-like which has them commonly grouped with pseudo-scorpions.

Nearly every GOOD story you hear about them is an urban legend.

And if you think about it...that makes sense because if the stories were true...they would make most bug horror movies seem weak.

I have these things living around me and I can easily find a dozen of them eating the bugs at my doors under the lights every night. The biggest one I have seen was about 1 and 1/2" long. And I was surprised at seeing one that big.

I had an incident in Kuwait in '91 where I was under a camo net with my hummer, and I had my pack on the ground behind it. I saw one of these (about a 1" long specimen) come in the net under a small gap and make a b-line straight for me. I stood up an watched it as it made it's way to my pack, crawled up on it, and turned in my direction and raised it's legs. It almost looked as if it was challenging me. But after reading about them. I learned that it was just looking for bugs. I didn't know that at the time so I took about two seconds to introduce it to the bottom of my boot.

And anyone who needs one for their Dusty figure...I'll be glad to help you out with that.

I was kinda wondering about those. I have heard about relatively large bugs and things in the Amazon but giant desert spiders was a new one.

Meanwhile, I'm anxiously anxiously looking forward to seeing the full specs on Dusty come Tuesday!

As should Duke be. . .

This is true. Not sure I've seen anyone swap Dukes hands out for bares though. Personally I fin Pro barehands look funky has hell if not covered by long sleeves. They seem to just sit on the end of the pegs rather than fitting flush with the joint like other 1/6 hands.

This is true. Not sure I've seen anyone swap Dukes hands out for bares though. Personally I fin Pro barehands look funky has hell if not covered by long sleeves. They seem to just sit on the end of the pegs rather than fitting flush with the joint like other 1/6 hands.

I swapped Duke's hands for some of Storm Shadow's extra ones.

I havent found any hands with skin tone that matches dukes body.

Really? That pretty weird... Come to think of it I don't recall anyone swapping the body on Duke so the 1.0 must be pretty acceptable. I've yet to see that body in hand.

Really? That pretty weird... Come to think of it I don't recall anyone swapping the body on Duke so the 1.0 must be pretty acceptable. I've yet to see that body in hand.

It's actually a great body. Dresses well too but still suffers from the same vitamin deficiency as the other pro bods, no assatall.

I thought there was a Pro that had a new butt, or a butt at all. I'm sure it must seem like a moot point to some but the butt really helps hold up pants and give them enough definition to hang properly; i.e. look realistic.
We can get a multitude of female bucks with sculpted nipples and labia but still no butt on the pro.

Its a good body, but I changed my to a TT. Since I hate the pro 1.0, and changed all of my other Joes to TT, I changed Duke and Flint's for consistancy's sake. Though the problem I have is the non matching skin tone. But that will change when I have the heads re-painted.

I thought there was a Pro that had a new butt, or a butt at all. I'm sure it must seem like a moot point to some but the butt really helps hold up pants and give them enough definition to hang properly; i.e. look realistic.
We can get a multitude of female bucks with sculpted nipples and labia but still no butt on the pro.

Its the TT advance that has the new butt. Or the T-800 TT with a huge butt.

Back