SSC 1:6 Bespin Luke Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would ignore them then. They have the exact same style necks. The neck post on the ss body might need to be trimmed, but both heads work on it. The neck connector is part of the ss body instead of separate like the HT.

$_1.JPG

s-l225.jpg

Man i forgot how awful that ss sculpt isl. :lol

Wow, thanks so much for the quick response! I'm glad to hear that the newer heads are so easily compatible with older SS bodies!

On eBay, I see many cheap (~$30) DX07 and ANH headsculpts, but there are others selling for around $100. Am I correct in assuming that the $30 ones are recasts and are thus not as high quality/nice looking as the original DX07 or new ANH HT heads? Have there already been recasts of the ANH head sculpt?

I seem to remember reading that the originals have PERS (i.e. one lever controls the eyes) whereas the recasts have separate eye levers for each eye - can someone confirm this?

How about resurrecting a 7-year old thread?? :)

Yesterday I purchased this old Luke Skywalker Heroes of the Rebellion 1/6 Sideshow Bespin figure from Sideshow cheap off of eBay, and I'm hoping someone here can answer a couple of questions for me since I can't seem to find these answers in any threads here.

Can I remove the head sculpt from this old figure and replace it with one of the DX07 Bespin head sculpts, or the head sculpt from the new Hot Toys A New Hope Luke? Would it be an easy process? Would one of those newer/better heads still be in proportion with that old Sideshow figure body?

If you want to spend some extra and build something that really holds up to modern figures, I recommend buying a new body, a head, and the pants and jacket from the hot toys figure. I did and I really liked how it turned out. Here is a picture of mine using all sideshow gear except for the parts I just mentioned:

The body I used is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121475774370?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If you want to spend some extra and build something that really holds up to modern figures, I recommend buying a new body, a head, and the pants and jacket from the hot toys figure. I did and I really liked how it turned out. Here is a picture of mine using all sideshow gear except for the parts I just mentioned:

The body I used is:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121475774370?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks so much for the suggestion, pic, and link! I will definitely consider all of that as I wait for the old SS figure to arrive.

Since I'm still pretty new to this, is there a big difference between the $50 body you used/linked me to and this much cheaper one (https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Narrow...5138?hash=item25b1841c22:g:Zn8AAOSwwE5Wbozy)? The price difference is large, so is the quality difference also large? Obviously the body is very important on a figure, but I'm curious what the differences between them really are since on this figure you'll only be able to see the hands.

Sorry for taking awhile to reply. Yes there is a difference between the two bodies. The cheaper body you linked has broader shoulders. The hot toys jacket and pants are tailored for the slimmer body I linked. They may still look decent on the cheaper body but I am not sure. The reason the slim body costs so much more is that the one I linked is the only auction on eBay for that body...unfortunately.

Just in case anyone is curious about putting a DX07 head sculpt on the body of an old Sideshow Heroes of the Rebellion figure, here is my experience with swapping the heads last night. I am only posting this wall of text because I am VERY happy with how the final product turned out (especially for only ~$110 total), and wanted to help someone if they were interested in creating an awesome custom like mine at a great price. I'll share pics of my finished figure after I add some red paint/blood (hopefully) this weekend.

I was able to pull the head (and it's attached neck) off of the old SS figure, but with it came a rounded/swivel neck piece that the head sculpt/neck was very firmly connected to. The head sculpt/neck and rounded/swivel neck piece was pretty difficult to pull off from the body, but not too bad after heating the area with a blow dryer. Unfortunately, the battle damaged DX07 head was not secure at all in the neck area of the body that was left, so I thought I would need to remove the rounded/swivel neck piece from the old SS figure's head sculpt/neck, attach it to the DX07 head, and then put those two pieces back on the body. However, removing the rounded/swivel neck piece from the old SS figure's head sculpt/neck was VERY difficult. I was finally able to pry them apart with a large flat head screwdriver after heating the head for several minutes, but it was quite the challenge and my hands are sore today from the effort it took.

Next, I was then disappointed to see that the DX07 head sculpt would only fit over the very top portion of the rounded/swivel neck piece (not nearly low enough on the piece to look right on the body). There was no way the DX07 sculpt would completely fit over the entire rounded/swivel neck piece like the old SS figure did without removing the rubbery ring around the inside of the DX07 head sculpt. However, that would've created TOO LARGE of an opening in the DX07 head sculpt for it to fit snugly onto the rounded/swivel neck piece. Also, even if I WAS able to satisfactorily connect the DX07 head sculpt to the rounded/swivel head piece, I saw no way for it to be tightly reconnected to the body like it was before I pulled the old SS head sculpt/neck from the body- there was now a post sticking out through the body's neck hole with a spring wrapped around it, which clearly sprang up and into my way when I pulled the old SS figure's head sculpt/neck from the body.

Because of this, I simply pressed some Blu-Tack into the neck hole of the body and set the DX07 on top to hold it in place, meaning there was no purpose to me removing the rounded/swivel neck piece from the old SS figure's head sculpt/neck (which, unfortunately, was by the far the most difficult part of the process!). Blu-Tack is obviously not the most secure way to hold the DX07 head sculpt in place, but I think the figure as a whole turned out great despite this, especially after I added some weathering and damage effects to the outfit.

Here are some pics of my custom figure. I'm very happy with how it turned out! Everything is from the old SS Heroes of the Rebellion Luke except for the head sculpt, and I weathered the figure quite a bit and added a bit of blood.

DSC_0002.jpegDSC_0003.jpegDSC_0006.jpegDSC_0007.jpeg

Back