SSC 1:6 Bespin Luke Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my replacement Luke yesterday (the first one arrived with his right hand rattling around in the package - the peg was snapped off.) I hate to be the one to open this can of worms, but did Sideshow actually do anything to fix the "long arm" look on this body? Because once I popped that open left hand onto the peg and placed his arm to the side, I noticed that Luke's fingers reached his knee.

Other than this, the figure is pretty much perfect. Great paint, great sculpt... I might have to lop half an inch off of his forearms, tho.

- J

Received my replacement Luke yesterday (the first one arrived with his right hand rattling around in the package - the peg was snapped off.) I hate to be the one to open this can of worms, but did Sideshow actually do anything to fix the "long arm" look on this body? Because once I popped that open left hand onto the peg and placed his arm to the side, I noticed that Luke's fingers reached his knee.
It's not a problem with the arms, it's the oversized hand.

Ok, here's my pics for the pile!

2089352200_b0943700cd.jpg

2088562249_8490259a29.jpg

2088558105_96b261fc9a.jpg

2089349744_d3b07fa05d.jpg

2088557397_fd23c674d6.jpg

2089349040_d53bb64b6a.jpg

Those are really great pics VOTR_Ed.:cool:
I especially like the one where Leia is seperating Han from Luke.:D

Thanks, man! I was glad that the SSC figures could get those poses, the tilted heads, haha. I loved the tension in ESB with these three.

Thanks, man! I was glad that the SSC figures could get those poses, the tilted heads, haha. I loved the tension in ESB with these three.

You captured that tension well in your pics. Leia actually doesn't look half bad either. With a repaint and new body she'd look pretty good.

I actually improved my Hasbro Leia tremendously by simply filling in that weird gap between the hair and ears and adding "sideburns" using Sculpy.

You captured that tension well in your pics. Leia actually doesn't look half bad either. With a repaint and new body she'd look pretty good.

Yeah, since hanging out with you guys, I've been thinking of doing that. But then again that's what Sideshow is for ;) I can wait. MAyyyybe a new body, I'll look around, unless y'all have suggestions.

I think the main reson she works here is the context. My faux snow and new figures fill out the scene. She's ok on her own, but now that I got ANH Leia, I'm really psyched for their version of the Ice Princess.

Hi all,

I just got my Luke Bespin in today from Fireside collectibles. I actually ordered two them. Both of mine came with the gun/blaster bent. One I was able to straighten with a hairdryer and the other one snapped!! Also, the seams on one of my holster's was split. I couldn't get superglue to hold it shut. The other one, the magnet wouldn't hold the strap down. I was able to fix that one with a little Xacto blade and a little paint on the seems. Anyways, I called Fireside and didn't get an answer but I left a message with Rob. I then called SS and spoke with Jean, who was extremely helpful. She said that the holster and the gun were known problems and that she would handle a complete replacement. I am extremely pleased with SS customer service, especially since I didn't even order him through their site. It may take a while to get a new Luke but the customer service was excellent!! In the future, I think I am going to order directly through SS because of their customer service.

Now on to the figure....I love this figure!! I have been waiting for this figure for some time and I was very excited to get him in the mail. The outfit on mine was well sewn, and the holster rig on the the good one that I got is outstanding (aside from having to do a slight alteration to it). This figure is my favorite of the line and I am eagerly anticipating the ANH Han.

Brad

Here are of some pics of mine with the alteration to the holster to show you how the gun now fits.

Bradspics008.jpg

Bradspics010.jpg

Bradspics011.jpg

Last edited:
Hey how does one solve the problem with how the lightsabre attaches to the belt? Do you bend the metal on the lightsaber or bend the plastic thing on the belt?

I really dont think there IS an issue with the lightsaber on the belt. It is just a very tight fit but if you keep the D-Ring perpendicular to the base of the saber then slide the saber on perpendicular to the hook it should be just fine. I had no issues at all with mine.

Also, the seams on one of my holster's was split. I couldn't get superglue to hold it shut. The other one, the magnet wouldn't hold the strap down. I was able to fix that one with a little Xacto blade and a little paint on the seems. Anyways, I called Fireside and didn't get an answer but I left a message with Rob. I then called SS and spoke with Jean, who was extremely helpful. She said that the holster and the gun were known problems and that she would handle a complete replacement. I am extremely pleased with SS customer service, especially since I didn't even order him through their site. It may take a while to get a new Luke but the customer service was excellent!! In the future, I think I am going to order directly through SS because of their customer service.

Mine was split too, but I haven't tried to fix it yet. Is SS going to ship you a whole new holster? Do you have to return the split one to them? I'd like to get a new holster, but other than the split everything else is good on my holster so I'd hate to get a worse one.

Back