SS PF's the best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since they're the only ones doing SW PFs...can't compare, so will compare CM, since they're the only other company that does the mixed media type of figure.

If price wasn't an issue, CM wins hands down. If I had the money, I'd drop it on an CM Arnie in a second. The upcoming Captain Sparrow looks nice as well Really outstanding work. The only weakness I saw last year at comic-con was Aragorn's lousy hair and likeness, but I think that'll be corrected.

With regards to the Sideshow SW stuff, I purchased the Luke and wasn't overly impressed. I was much less impressed with Han when my friend showed it to me--to skinny, bad paint job, etc. The only other one in the line I considered getting was Darth Vader, but I thought his pose didn't work well alone, ie. I would have to purchase Obi and I didn't want to do that. There are bright spots, however; the DOOM exclusive is one of my favorites. The Lurtz looks to be outstanding as well (pre-ordered). Hoping the Boba Feet comes out nice.

Finally, if CM evers gets a Star Wars license and maintains their current standards at 1/2 the price, ie. $500, oh man...all hell would break loose and my cc's would burst in flames =)

The only PF's I have are from sideshow so I may be a little biased, but Vader, Ben and Grievous are simply incredible.:cool:

I have had a few of the GG statues, and didn't care for them at all. Vader's proportions are so noticeably off, and the same base (mirror black) just lacks any creativity. Attakus looks to be VERY hit and miss, I haven't seen one human sculpt that looks remotely like the character, in fact they are down right awful. Others, like Wicket, Tusken etc, look decent, but not anything I would want to start with - I wouldn't want a line in which it was so hit and miss.

SS PFs win by far with me:

ObiWanPF1.jpg

HanSoloPF2.jpg

OldBen.jpg

Christmas2005081.jpg

i say SS because of the quality, mixed media, and prices. i have a couple Gentle Giant statues and when i compare the SS Vader to the GG Vader its not even a competition. Ben is still my first and famous PF. im hoping they do a Ewan version sometime down the road.

I expect more from the likeness of Luke and Han. Old Ben definitely sets the bar.

I'm still sad about Han the 1st photos were awesome. But the quailty of the PF's after Han have been incredible, lets hope Leia is the same.

im happy with Han--even though its not perfect. i just say that SS wasnt allowed to get 100% closeness because harrison ford hates us star wars fans

Attakus is just weird. They nail the most minute details in Luke's X-wing uniform, but on likeness they can't sculpt their way out of a paperbag.

Han and Luke really do look good. The paint job varies on them though so it is really pot luck on what you will get.

I cannot wait for Leia to arrive.

PF rocks!

:)

swpf2.jpg

Here is cap's Han. His looks very good IMO. The pictures of Han on Sideshow's site now are just awful. He looks MUCH better than those.

hansolo1.jpg

hairlesswookiee said:
im happy with Han--even though its not perfect. i just say that SS wasnt allowed to get 100% closeness because harrison ford hates us star wars fans

If you've ever seen pics of Andy's sculpt prior to paint you would change your mind. The sculpt is definitely spot-on. The paint on these was just too hit and miss like Gruson said. I lucked out and got what I feel was one of the better ones. Mine actually even had a small scratch on the arm undert he sleeve, but I was afraid to send it back since I was so pleased with the face on mine. Regardless, it's the best Han out there bar none.

Really like Luke too and think he gets critized way too much. But undoubtedly Ben is the best until Leia finally starts shipping :D

Back