SS Nightbreed Please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galactiboy said:
I liked the book and movie... but its been years since I had either. They would definitely be cool figures, but my guess (like Dead/Alive) is that NECA would me most likely to pick them up or (shudder) MacFarlane. These could be a cool addition if Sideshow would take 'em on.
I think its funny that so many people are on the NECA train now but hate McFarlane. Even though its pretty clear that NECA is becoming McFarlane. Their sculpts and figures are getting pretty difficult to tell apart if your not familair with who has what license all the way down to the clamshells.

But since i collect neither anymore, SS is the only way to go. :D

No I'm not on the NECA train, I think the suck about as bad in general. I especially hate the wrists that always seem ready to fall out. I think NECA does seem to (overall) do better when it comes to articulation... ball jointed necks and shoulders. But it has to be a really cool property, or deeply discounted before I'll bite. Shaun of the dead will be one of them.

PsychoCenobite said:
Director Clive Barker was reportedly required to cut the film down to 101 minutes from the original 126 minute cut by distributor 20th Century Fox. They felt that this cut was too long and rather too explicit for an R-rated release. Also, Barker shot additional scenes with David Cronenberg's Decker character to flesh out his mentality. The excised footage consisted of some very graphic gore during the climax, disturbing images in the monsters' lair and quite a bit of "unnecessary" character development. There were also some strange sexual themes between the monsters and Boone that wound up on the cutting room floor.

A scene filmed in stop-motion animation, but deleted from the film, has a leopard woman riding a dinosaur-like creature through Median.

Writer/Director Clive Barker is reportedly preparing a restored "Director's Cut" of the film for DVD release.PsychoCenobite :monkey5

I would love to see a directors cut of this film...And while I agree with some of ou that the film wasnt great, I just think that the characters deserve some 12" treatment.:rock:rock:rock

PsychoCenobite said:
Ooh, and the guy who cut most of his face off!!!! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :monkey3

That was Narcisse...who became Boone's friend...

And concerning NECA,yeah they are cheap plastic figures, but I woud trade even Sdeshow's Star Wars and LOTR licences just to have half the ones they got....

Some of Neca's licences:

-Pirates of the Carabeeans
-Hellraiser
-House of a 1000 corpses and Devils rejects
- Gremlins
- Freddy and Jason
-The Crow
- Ghostbusters
- Silence of the lambs
- Donnie Darko
- Phantasm
- Shaun of the Dead
- Kill Bill
- Sin City
- Resident Evil
- Tron
- Texas Chaisaw Massace
- Chucky
- Pulp Fiction ( in some forms)
- Masters of the universe
- American Psycho
- Dawn of the Dead
- Bubba Ho-tep
- Terminator
- Robocop
- Die Hard trilogy
- Higlander
- Iron Maiden ( just imagine Ediie getting the Sideshow Treatment...woww)
-Army of Darkness
- Saw

+ all those new music licences announce: Nirvana, John Lennon, Queen....

Anyway you get the point.All those licences if pursued by Sideshow could made amazing figures

Shaihulud said:
That was Narcisse...who became Boone's friend...

And concerning NECA,yeah they are cheap plastic figures, but I woud trade even Sdeshow's Star Wars and LOTR licences just to have half the ones they got....

Some of Neca's licences:

-Pirates of the Carabeeans
-Hellraiser
-House of a 1000 corpses and Devils rejects
- Gremlins
- Freddy and Jason
-The Crow
- Ghostbusters
- Silence of the lambs
- Donnie Darko
- Phantasm
- Shaun of the Dead
- Kill Bill
- Sin City
- Resident Evil
- Tron
- Texas Chaisaw Massace
- Chucky
- Pulp Fiction ( in some forms)
- Masters of the universe
- American Psycho
- Dawn of the Dead
- Bubba Ho-tep
- Terminator
- Robocop
- Die Hard trilogy
- Higlander
- Iron Maiden ( just imagine Ediie getting the Sideshow Treatment...woww)
-Army of Darkness
- Saw

+ all those new music licences announce: Nirvana, John Lennon, Queen....

Anyway you get the point.All those licences if pursued by Sideshow could made amazing figures

I've said it before...Neca is a licence juggernaut.....Well I guess if SS leaves us out in the cold, Neca is making a Medieval Kurgan:eek:....If SS could pick up HALF of these....oh man... that would kick ass!!

Besides the price point a lot of people have something against 12 inch figures, they think they are too much like "dolls". even a true doll is a stuffed toy, which would make Barbie an action figure...any way, I love Nightbreed and would buy anything Nightbreed that sideshow would make.

The Nightbreed are among the few modern movie monsters that I would like to have as figures.That scene when Lori went searching for Boone in Midian had a very classic/vintage feel to it,the monsters reminded me of the man- beasts from 1933's Island of Lost Souls.

Here's who I'd want,12'' scale

Peloquin- The dreadlocked lizard-man who's bite mocks death

Kinski- The cresent moon faced member of Midian

Lude- The acrobatic black skinned Devil

Shauna Sassi- The porquipine woman with deadly quills

Baphomet- God of Midian,an 18'' premi would blow my mind.

Boone/Cabal- With two alternate heads

Decker/Buttonface- With optional Cronenberg head

I want to see this guy:

nightbreed.JPG

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

PsychoCenobite said:
I want to see this guy:

nightbreed.JPG

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

His name is Vastly Moses I believe.There is a book called The Nightbreed Chronicles that has portrait photo's and character descriptions of all the Breed written by Clive himself.You might want to check it out.

Poelzig said:
His name is Vastly Moses I believe.There is a book called The Nightbreed Chronicles that has portrait photo's and character descriptions of all the Breed written by Clive himself.You might want to check it out.

Sounds cool, I'll have to find that and check it out!

Back