SS methods STINK!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly

" They are exclusives, I suppose this is what you should expect."

"Yeah, kind of my thoughts on this whole deal."

Yes, I agree but don't "expect" me to keep following a line when exclusive figures are not made available to all those who have supported and made the line profitable so far.
Nice kick in the face exclusives are to at least someone everytime, no matter which way you cut it. Thanks and I mean that nonsincerly. Oh....did I mention I left collecting from other companies because of all the darn exclusives.

Re: exactly

Wonderboy and murderofcrows, that's a shame you won't be collecting Sideshow anymore, but certainly if you feel that way, then you should seek other companies and lines that won't compel you to anger and frustration. Life's too short! :dance

Good luck to you! :wave

re

So I take it you're not a happy bunny, Wonderboy? :lol

El, throw one of those violin smileys my way. :p

Bad form boys and girls

The funniest thing about this stuff is the lines are pretty much drawn on those who can attend SDCC who feel "This is the greatest idea ever!" on the SSC show exclusives, and those who can't make it "This sucks!" feelings on the same issue. That makes perfect sense to me because the people going feel like the cool kids and the people who can't attend feel like the class outcasts.
The part that I don't understand or like about these threads is the strong need the "cool kids" seem to have to tell those who can't attend what a whiny bunch of losers they are. This may be because I've been out of grammar school too long to remember the joys of this kind of behavior. Although I don't recall ever liking it. I guess I was never all that cool.
Why not let the people who are unhappy vent a little without poking them with a pointy stick?
You folks who are attending should just be happy that your able to go. I'd love to be able to make it to SDCC and it isn't just because of SSC exclusives either. This is the holy gathering place of all the comic and Sci Fi geeks who can make it, with tons of great things to do and see in a very beautiful part of the world. I hope all you guys who are fairly local or are able to travel to the Con have a great time there.
But those who can't make it aren't staying home because they lack your great commitment as I've seen suggested. That's silly. They have various reasons like family commitments, a lack of available funds or work and school obligations that keep them away. This isn't a reason to insult them and I don't think you'd like it very much if you were in the same position.
Why not try to be a little understanding and quit the insults and taunting. It's way more pleasant that way.

Re: Bad form boys and girls

I don't think it's the cool kids vs. the whiney losers. But SSC has made significant effort to include the whiney losers by offering the "stay at home" sales. I think that is being forgotten in the complaint about exclusives.

Stay at home sells and the Chatroom, they were giving stuff away like crazy last year plus guests stopping and a camera up showing new stuff! I dont know any other company that did this for their fans/collectors.

Lets face it Sideshow goes all out for the Con for us non Con goers. And they did awesome on the exclusives this year.

This is funny, its a convention all the toy companies have "exclusives", like anyother event for all kind of compaines, you attended and you always get the "goodies", this is nothing new, its been going on for years. Stars Wars had their "Celebration" Convention with exclusives and they also have exclusives for the SDCC. You can even compare Baseball games, "bobblehead day" first 10,000 get a free bobble head. But people are just mad because they missed out, when they should be thankful for the chance.

Stumpy, good point, especially about Celebration III. I didn't see any complaints on this board about THEIR con exclusives. Or maybe there were complaints on other boards that are more specific to whatever other companies were represented, like Code 3?

I can't attend the con for several reasons, primarily money. However, if I COULD go, I would order all the exclusives that I wanted, go pick them up (along with any OTHER exclusives that other companies were offering only at SDCC). I would have a great time and I would certainly not feel guilty that I was able to go and other people weren't. I'm not angry at Sideshow or any of the other hundred or so companies who are offering SDCC-only figures that I would like to have, nor am I upset that there are board members who are going and can pick up their exclusives with ease. That would be a silly waste of energy, not to mention extremely childish behavior on my part. I'll spend all my 'envy energy' on other things! :banana

Stumpy those are great points and totally true on all of them. Like with the C3 stuff in the SW section there was really barely any mention of the C3 Talking Vader figure. Even when it went up on Hasbros site then sold out and people missed out you barely had anyone griping. Exclusives are not gonna be had by everyone as I've already said over and over. Collect to collect if your that worried about exclusives then why are you collecting?

P.S As far as the Cool vs Non-Cool kids. Well, I didn't get to go last year and got the exclusive I wanted plus had a hell of a time in the chat. I'm getting ready to go to this years and am just as excited as I was last year to being able to participate in someway. Heck, being there your actually gonna miss out on a lot of freebies and some of them will be exclusives by not being in the chat.

I'd love to be able to make it to SDCC and it isn't just because of SSC exclusives either.

I agree with much of what you said Chamildav, except that bit. What sort of a Sideshow Freak are you? Nice guy eh? :stooge I wouldn't want to go if Sideshow weren't there. Well I would if I lived close by and didn't have to pay for accomodation. But that's different. I don't. :doh :D

I'll tell you the truth Creecher, I like SSC products a bunch but I'm sort of a universal collector of "stuff", ya know? I visit here and enjoy the time and find what people have to say about the products interesting as concerns Sideshow and other manufacturers. I think that's pretty average even though this is a SSC fan forum.
I'm a big comic book and toy geek as you may have noticed. Also Sci Fi and horror so this board has a lot to offer and I appreciate it. The members here have quite a lot to say on quite a wide variety of subjects that interest me. But I'm not I guess predominately a SSC fan exactly.
And I've never had a LotR anything except for the books and DVD's so that probably puts me significantly in the minority here and not the average. But I do think it's a great board. One of very few I regularly visit anymore.
Anyway, I'd like to visit the SSC booth if I ever do manage to make it to SDCC, but most of my time will be spent elsewhere and not at retailer and manufacturers booths. Just too much I want to see and do.
As concerns my earlier statement. I'm not trying to pick on anybody and I am glad a lot of you are going to make it to the Con and get what you want. I just understand why some people aren't happy and I don't think they deserve too much in the way of derision from there more fortunate friends who are attending. But I wasn't singling anyone out in particular and apologize if I gave anyone that impression. I know some of the complaints seem over the top but this board is called "Sideshow Freaks" so a little bit of emotion involving the subject of Con exclusives doesn't seem unreasonable. You know what I mean?

I'm as big a freak as anyone, but I'd go to the con if Sideshow weren't there. For a pop culture buff it is the be-all and end-all of shows. Movie, TV, toys (collectibles), games and one other thing...what is it? Oh yeah, comics...

Thanks for the clarification Chamildav. I was in a funny mood the day I posted that, bored and feeling a little cheeky. I have other interests as well, all good. What comics are you into? I am from the silver age, once I stopped collecting them, which weren't that many, my vision of the Superheroes I followed, froze. I can't bear the drastic changes in costumes of heroes like Batman and Spiderman.

Good stuff to read with lots of pictures.

Creecher, I guessed you probably had one or two other interests outside of SSC. You seem like a pretty well rounded sort of a guy. I figured their was humor in your comment but you know you offered me a chance to talk about me and that's always exciting.
As to comics, I think for someone like yourself who was a reader in the silver age as I was also, you might enjoy some of the comics that Geoff Johns writes or Kurt Busiek or Jeff Loeb. They have a pretty "silver agey" sensibility. I'd recomend JSA, Superman-Batman, Flash and Green Lantern. I also enjoy Bill Willingham's and Judd Winnick's work on Green Arrow and the Outsiders, respectively. I also read all the Bat books and Superman's although I think it's mostly out of habit.
In Marvel I mostly read "Ultimate Universe" stuff now. Ultimates, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Four and Ultimate Spider-man. I've also been enjoying the current runs of Wolverine, Captain America and the restart on Iron Man. I'm also looking forward to the return of Thor. I've been reading New Avengers also. It isn't bad but the writer, Brian Bendis can stretch a two issue story into a six issue arc and his style is playing out for me.
On Indies stuff you might want to check out Invincible. Very old school Spidey, Nova-ish and quite entertaining. I also read Hellblazer, Fables and anything Neil Gaiman writes. Fables and Sandman are genius and there are a bunch of trades available. Another interesting book is Powers. Very unique deconstructionist superhero comic and in my opinion the best work Bendis has put out.
Well that's way the heck off topic and very wordy without being adequately informative. Please PM though if you are interested in any of this stuff. I love to discuss it. There is a ton of stuff in graphic novels and compilation that you might enjoy.

Re: Good stuff to read with lots of pictures.

:thwak How dare you, you cheeky &^%^&^%. :rollin

:toast

I just want to say I think the way the exclusives were done this year worked well. I happened to be out of town at Microsoft Tech-Ed in Orlando, so I wasn't going to be at work or at home, but knew there would be computers available, so I wasn't too worried. I had to cut some sessions short or miss some, but I managed to get to the CommNet area and grab a computer every couple of hours for four of the five exclusives I was interested in. The LOTR bust went off while I was at a Microsoft party, so I had to trust a friend to try to order that one. I missed out on one exclusive myself, and my friend missed the bust (because he wasn't used to ordering and kept refreshing the page), but I did get three of them (including the Lawgiver with only 30 available) with virtually no pains. I've since managed to track down the two I missed from reliable sources, so overall, I'm happy. With the lottery last year, there was too much worry about whether or not you would be picked. I can't think of a better way than this, bar not offering exclusives at all! :dunno

At least fans are getting a chance to get these. Here are many companies who I havent seen offering any of these to fans.

SDCC Exclusives list.

That list is kinda incomplete. There is also a Exclusive She-Hulk Marvel Select figure out at all the comic conventions that I'm very interested in buying. It's not exclusive to SDCC, but it will be available there.

If anyone is going to the convention and wouldn't mind helping me acquire this figure by picking this one up for me, I'd be greatly appreciative! If it's out of the way, I think I could find one on ebay for a decent price, so there is no need to hassle yourself. :wave

Yeah, that list is noplace close to all the that will be there I would imagine.

Re: exactly

I too missed out on the Zombie figure, and refuse to pay the scalper a-holes on eBay.
Don't get me wrong, Sideshow is still my favorite company, but to make a really kick ass figure and only make 300? You're gonna piss some people off. I'm hoping they do another, non exclusive one so the rest of us have a chance at 12" of flesh eating goodness.

Or I guess I'll just have to kill somone and take theirs.

Back