SS Excl. Magneto Comiquette... missing excl. head?!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mizuno

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi

I've just recieved my magneto excl. from an ebay auction which I've won. there's the excl. marking on the outer box, theres the excl. marking on the box itself (this little sticker, you know), the statue has not been opened (since the wrapper is still intact and the "sideshow seal" is still on it and it don't looks like the plastic bags, which are protecting magneto had been removed) but, where the heck is the 2nd head?

its not in the box, thats for sure...

has someone the same problem?

should I mail SS about it? (as I live in the eu, is there another customer mail address or should i go with SS america?)

sorry to hear that but i don't think Sideshow can do anything for you because you bought it off ebay. The best thing to do is get your money back from the seller.

thats what I thought at first too. but the seller won't reply to me anymore. he said I should go to SS directly, and thats it... not a single email afterwards....

as I stated above, I live in the EU and even having to send the magneto back to the seller or SS in the us would cost me about 50-70$. ( + 65$ shipping which I've already paid to me)
thats would be more as what I paid for him on ebay (110$ mib)

sad as it is, if nothing could be done in this case, it seems as I will have an excl. magneto without the excl. head....

edit: I give SS a try. wouldn't hurt to ask. perhaps they could send me just a new head...

I think you are out of luck, since the seller won't do anything for you. Be sure to give the seller a negative. He should at least help, since he probably knows you have no recourse.

Negative feedback for sure! :monkey2 And as Bodie said, the evils of ebay. *sigh*

hopefully he will not leave a negative feedback too...

BTW it must be the excl (not only for the stickers and the number! # 71751 was the exl. right?)! I just tried again and his head got rather easly off, must have "pulled" wrongly the first time as I thought it was glued on :monkey1

anyway, very nice statue! even without the excl. head :monkey2

The base matches the number on the box? Wierd, sounds like if so your seller could easily send this back to Sideshow.

Makes you wonder if he ordered two, and just took out the un-opened foam and packed it in an exclusive box. :confused:

if his description stated the head was included...heck if he used "SS exclusive" i'd get with ebay and get my money back or rain hell upon the seller.

that's one problem when buying a unopened/mint. i never believed in such things. when i sell items, i always open to check if there's anything wrong. if there is i can change it. if i didn't check and it turned out there's something wrong, how can i sell it?

another way is to ask seller to open and check for you before shipping if you had won it. this seller sucks and deserves a negative feedback. maybe you can even file with ebay for receiving an item not as described and maybe you can have at least some money back via paypal?

I've tried all of that, even paypal.... Perhaps paypal will repay me a part of it, but the seller was "kicked" out off ebay, as he is no longer a member there (I noticed this yasterday as I tried to give him a neg.)

the number on the bottom of the figure matches the number on the box. but perhaps he even chanced that (and the excl. sticker on it as well)....

aw crap! my first buy outside europe with ebay and I got screwed....
so beware, even a 100% feedback with over 500 pos. does not idicate a save buy...

please let us know his username.i know he is no longer a member but you never know if he'll sign up again with a variation of his original username.it's something for us to look for.

Mizuno said:
Hi

I've just recieved my magneto excl. from an ebay auction which I've won. there's the excl. marking on the outer box, theres the excl. marking on the box itself (this little sticker, you know), the statue has not been opened (since the wrapper is still intact and the "sideshow seal" is still on it and it don't looks like the plastic bags, which are protecting magneto had been removed) but, where the heck is the 2nd head?

its not in the box, thats for sure...

has someone the same problem?

should I mail SS about it? (as I live in the eu, is there another customer mail address or should i go with SS america?)

why didn't you order it from SS?

it seems as if the seller is back on ebay! his name was empire comics!

but it is strange... I still can't give him a negative. as I tried to ebay told me I've already leaved feedback, but that isn't true as my name dosen't show in his account (but I've inquired with ebay about that problem)

anyway, why I didn't order it from SS:
the shipping from SS directly would cost me about as much as 1/3 more of the shipping cost of which I paid to the seller. (and the statue itself was cheaper as on SS site)
if everything would have went fine, I would've saved about a 100 $!

Sorry to hear that you got hosed by some Ebay jerk like that.

Just FYI, there are many trusted board dealers here, plus there are also many
trusted boardmembers here who sell on Ebay. Look in this feedback thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12601

Perhaps next time post that you're looking for something, as it may very
well be available from a boardmember, and that is safer than buying from
a complete stranger 99% of the time.

JS

Back