SS Darth Vader Bronze Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really impressed. It has no presence. It's way too skinny. It doesn't even have the mouth pins sculpted in.

Yeah,I'd have to agree with the rest of the crew on this one.This piece has a lot of presence and is quite impressive.It may not have the mouth pins as you said,but it still looks great even without them.

13 is a great number. If I was a little more OCD, I'd work on getting that number specifically. I was born on the 13 in October; I love Halloween. My Lurtz PF Ex is #14. :monkey2 :lol

The bronze stuff is nice. I just got a Boris Vallejo "Mistress of Fire" bronze sculpt, have it displayed in the living room. Even though the detail can't be recreated as with polystone, the real Bronze look is impressive. I wish I could afford other bronze stuff.

Anyone else own this one? Curious how the bronze looks after a couple years.

Wow you know you've reached a pinnacle in collecting once u start adding in bronze pieces. Congratulation bro that's an exceptional peace.

Maul and Palpatine have settled in nicely also thanks again for them!

Mine has oxidized, but it is neat since it is along the edges and recesses and adds to the detail on it. It also seems to have gotten a bit darker over time. I will take a pic tomorrow when it is bright out.

I think most people prefer the patina the occurs on bronze over time. Seems to add character to the piece.

Do not clean up the bronze -- the patina is a natural occurrence that should take -- like the statue of liberty .... =)

Mine has oxidized, but it is neat since it is along the edges and recesses and adds to the detail on it. It also seems to have gotten a bit darker over time. I will take a pic tomorrow when it is bright out.

Thanks. Please post the pics when you can.

Do not clean up the bronze -- the patina is a natural occurrence that should take -- like the statue of liberty .... =)

I'd never clean it that would be a disaster! I do need to get the helmet fixed, I scratched it with a button on my shorts when I was putting vader onto the base. Anyone have any advice on that?

Thanks. Please post the pics when you can.

Here are the pics Gruson. Besides being too thin side-on and not liking the bulk of the shoulder and chest armour and how the chest plate sits on the stomach it is a great piece...when I don' think of how much it cost :monkey1

P1010270.jpg

The force is strong with Fisher & Paykel
P1010266.jpg

P1010264.jpg

P1010262.jpg

P1010263.jpg

P1010267.jpg

P1010268.jpg

P1010271.jpg

P1010272.jpg

Thats a pretty sweet statue. I see what you mean about the proportions, but I would really care less if I were you.

I remember seeing this when squid first posted. I always wondered if his base was cracked. That white line that runs across the diameter of the base always bothered me. I don't see the line/crack on Infec's base.

Yes the white line is the pattern in the marble. My original base showed up with chips around the edge and SS sent me a new one but I had to wait for the Boba Fett statue to ship to get one from that batch.
I know there is debate over the value of this one. Hell just look at the Wolf maq thread to see what a ____ storm the price on that is...I just got it because it looked cool and at the time I could afford it. And (you open edition fans take note) cos it was extremely limited.

Back