SS 1:1 Vader bust emergency touch-up HELP!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkante

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Through circumstances I'd rather not go into, I need to completely repaint a small portion (about the area of a quarter, but a little flattened) near the top of the top facemask portion of Sideshow's 1:1 Vader bust (around the temple, so the uniform color of the majority of that piece.) Does anyone happen to know (or have suggestions to find) the exact color and "texture" that I'll need, and whether primer is required? I have absolutely NO experience at all with painting of any kind, but somewhat confident that this should be an easy DIY fix, provided I can find the appropriate paint. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I guess you are talking about the gunmetal color. I know Tamiya spray paint TS-38 is a favorite among Vader cosplayers / prop collectors.

Can you post a picture of the area?

You could also go to The Prop Den where you will find everything you want to know about the Vader costume.

I guess you are talking about the gunmetal color. I know Tamiya spray paint TS-38 is a favorite among Vader cosplayers / prop collectors.

Can you post a picture of the area?

You could also go to The Prop Den where you will find everything you want to know about the Vader costume.

THANKS! Gunmetal looks like it actually may work. Anyway, here are the best pictures I can get right now of the affected area: vaderdam1.jpgvaderdam2.jpg

Back