Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was really hoping to see protos for the rest of the AC line...

It's really sad to say but I doubt it will happen with Remake coming.

FFR1.jpg

FFR1D.jpg

Damn even better! Way prefer the OG look to the AC look so if they favour the whole cast of the remake to AC I won't be complaining

They look great... but **** at least complete the AC line. We only needs Cid, Aerith and Sephiroth. I don't care about Kadaj.

Well I don't actually collect play arts kai myself but I love the original play arts I still have my FFVII set with the extra weapons and Auron from FFX.

$110 is normal now for PAK. Really? Why price keep increase so much over those years

I bet Cloud remake will cost $120 and Berret $150+. So crazy

Prices in general have been going up, and PAK quality has generally been improving, but honestly at this price they're not worth it to me. Soft plastic accessories, iffy paint, frequent gapping, so-so QC. I would be all over Venom, for example, if it wasn't the price of a used 1/6-scale figure.

Prices in general have been going up, and PAK quality has generally been improving, but honestly at this price they're not worth it to me. Soft plastic accessories, iffy paint, frequent gapping, so-so QC. I would be all over Venom, for example, if it wasn't the price of a used 1/6-scale figure.

I recently got the latest PAK Catwoman variant - she clocked in at about $150, but she's brilliant - coloring and details are fantastic, and she comes with a nice assortment of hand styles along with two tail / whip variants... I love her.

23907800031_8458f85ad6_k.jpg

23964246416_4b43c64545_k.jpg

23990343445_65d4de889e_k.jpg

I'm open to giving Play Arts another look, but so far everything I've seen since Raiden hasn't felt worth its price-tag. That isn't to say the figures are bad—I'm actually very interested in the variant Spiderman, Venom, Iron Man and Tetsuya Nomura Batman figures.

Perhaps I'll splurge on one of those and post back if I've been converted :wink1:

They aren't worth the insane price tag that's a given, but they have upper the scale along with the QC so I guess it's whether you want to your put hand in your pocket for them or not.

I've stopped buying the MGSV ones after venom snake and will likely only pick up the final fantasy ones but by no means are they 'bad' figures

For the average $100 price tag they're given usually, they need a higher level of QC. Almost all of the MGSV line has problems, and this was the biggest line they've done in quite some time.

got my catwoman variant, very cool, love it.

want to pick up the new lara croft, but its very pricey and i may hold off to see is the ps4 edition of the game gets the figure as part of a special edition package like the previous game did with the previous play arts lara figure.

i wish they did a few more street fighter figures. would love to see a few more girls from that line, like laura from the upcoming game.

Just ran across pictures of the Square Enix Spartan Batman. Looks pretty badass. Never been that into these lines ... they're a little too anime/stylized for my tastes (though I really liked the TDKR Bane).

Might have to bite the bullet and get a Spartan Batman though. Just offbeat enough a combination of two separate concepts I really like.

spartan-batman6-social-625x326.jpg

Where's the best, cheapest place to order these things?

SnakeDoc

It's funny how there are gripes about the price tag. From a Canadian perspective, with our dollar in the pits, the latest releases seem to be $120 - $160 range. Not too bad considering the scale, and also 1/6 figures are now averaging over $300 CAD after taxes. They aren't perfect, but at least I'm getting a fully sculpted and painted figure. It's starting to look like a great alternative now for us.

I'm so done with PAK. I've had the MGS V Man on Fire, Sneaking Suit Snake, and Ocelot still sealed for months. I've felt no desire to open them and display them, and I display all of my figures.

They are just too inconsistent. Every once in a while they knock it out of the park but that only happens once every 10 figures.

I'm glad I got rid of my Batman collection. The scales were always different and the paint apps were hit and miss.

Back