Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered Red XIII. So that's Vincent, Rufus, Yuffie and Red I got so far. I've seen video reviews of Tifa, but none for Barrett yet.

Awesome. Please post pics. Out of this wave, I'm looking forward to Barrett and Cloud more than the other two.

Me too, can't believe they got a batch so quick to be honest

I'm fully expecting the charge for Tifa next week now

Got my kh2 sora and I must say I love it leaps and bonds better than the first figure.

I got Barrett in yesterday, he's got a horrible dark wash on the face that looks plain stupid and the expression they sculpted for him is a bit whack

Having said that he's a sturdy figure a nice compilation to the rest, I'm finding it quite awkward to pose him though. Nothing is really looking that good but might need some more time with him

Didn't manage to take any pics but will tonight

I'm gonna try take some better photos of both of them tonight

I think Red is way over scaled though, he is massive compared to the rest, he's really long. Not that it matters a great deal

Got Red XIII, I love it. They did a great job on it and is probably equally is good as Vincent was in terms of quality IMO. Seemed silly to include a stand, but I appreciate it. It might get recycled for use for another PAK figure.

Last edited:
I did another photoshop
View attachment 163200

That shows off the design really well. I like it a lot especially the legs and ab area. The movie Iron Man's always had clunky/awkward leg designs and abs often seem lobster tail-ish.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the head and hexa reactor. Just scroll down to hide the head... the body looks freakin' great.

Here's some links to the Square Enix display at Toy Fair. I gotta say the Arkham Knight Batman and Harley Quinn look pretty great. The Harley, especially, looks better than any of the Arkham figures I've seen of her.

Square Enix Play Arts Kai Final Fantasy and Metal Gear at Toy Fair 2015 - The Toyark - News
Square Enix Play Arts Variant Marvel at Toy Fair 2015 - The Toyark - News
Square Enix Play Arts Variant DC Comics at Toy Fair 2015 - The Toyark - News

Arkham knight line suprisingly good indeed

Tetsuya nomura bat and PAK catwoman looks cool side by side

I love what they did with Spider-Man and Thor. Over the top crazy designs but that's exactly what I expect and want from this line. I wish they had been more daring with Iron Man.

The Arkham Knight line looks superb. Will definitely get Batman and Harley though I might pick up AK to customize him into a different Bat-villain. It'd be cool if they made Scarecrow as well though, I love how Rocksteady designed him in the new game.

Also would like to see more of the Marvel lineup, and would be keen to see them take on Ultron.

Damn. These new Batman figures are looking amazing. Although I'm mostly interested in the western, spartan and samurai Bats. Gah.

Back