Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst part about releasing figures from past games in Square's case is that it will be more expensive, due to their constantly rising prices. And that given how their QC seems to get worse and some other issues too, it might not even be worth it. Additionally, since GSC has gained the MGS license after Kaiyodo did, PAK's now got competition. And GSC is doing MGS justice, at that.

I wouldn't say the quality is getting worse, infact it's probably better overall. You get the bloopers and the odd badly painted figure but that isn't anything new to PAK

The price and scaling issue is my nitpick

GSC probably won't go as deep as PAK already has and the scale isn't preferable so I doubt id personally buy into the line anyway.

1/6 is my scale but the PAK are a big enough scale to suffice and have done enough varied figures from MGS to commit and display good enough, and still are doing

The quality can be odd from what I heard, a lot of people seem to say PAK DMC 3 Dante is worse quality than DMC 4 Dante for instance. I only have DMC 4 Dante so I cannot say for certain, but at times, the quality I think can be mixed. Like with MGS 2 Raiden's head sculpt. I do think that in cases like the new Assassin's Creed, Square has upped their game. But price and scaling, I agree on.

True on GSC, they are hard to predict on how much they'll do in a license...sometimes. Considering we're getting Gurlokvich soldiers, I guess we'll get some good things out of the license.

I need to get into 1/6 more, but gah, I'm just a poor college student. :lol

I like PAK but they are just too over priced, a NECA 18 Keaton is the same price as the PAK Connor or Edward [emoji16]

I've given up on this liscence since they moronically upgraded the scale for the arkham figures, which makes them not fit previous ones anymore. Epic fail if you ask me,miss out on a brilliant deathstroke now.

Ohw well, suck it with you 10" 100$ **** pak.

I've given up on this liscence since they moronically upgraded the scale for the arkham figures, which makes them not fit previous ones anymore. Epic fail if you ask me,miss out on a brilliant deathstroke now.

$75.... if you buy from AmiAmi. :lecture

The scale-change is definitely moronic though. I'm just lucky I only bought Harley and Catwoman from the Arkham City series (the only other Bat-related PAKs I bought being TDK Joker, Bats, and Bane). Since I'm mostly geared towards the Arkham Origins designs, it's less of a problem for me honestly.

The scale-change is definitely moronic though. I'm just lucky I only bought Harley and Catwoman from the Arkham City series (the only other Bat-related PAKs I bought being TDK Joker, Bats, and Bane). Since I'm mostly geared towards the Arkham Origins designs, it's less of a problem for me honestly.
Getting real tired of people saying that Japanese online stores is cheaper than buying elsewhere. They charge a extreme amount in shipping cost that round out to be the same cost as buying at other retailers and sometimes they are worse. It kills any savings that they may offer.

Yeah, I was digging PAK too but the scale and prices are getting out of control...so I'm being ultra selective. Cancelled the Arkham Origins figures but I'll get the AC ones since they're the best Assassins' Creed figures on the market.

Getting real tired of people saying that Japanese online stores is cheaper than buying elsewhere. They charge a extreme amount in shipping cost that round out to be the same cost as buying at other retailers and sometimes they are worse. It kills any savings that they may offer.

Not to mention ordering a PAK online is risky as you can't see how bad the paint work is until it arrives.

I now simply have city catwoman, batman and joker and I'm very happy with those three. I gave Batman a cloth raven black cape and with that mod it really has the Arkham feel to it for me. I'd hoped to add Deathstroke to represent Batman's physical enemies, but alas, SE ****ED ME, Cartman's mom style.:lol

Oh well, does save money which does come at a convenient time.

Only other PAK's I have are three mass effect releases (Shepard looks good enough in ambient lighting and garrus and tali are great imo) and Man of Steel Superman and Jor, who imo also look pretty great underneath good lighting.

BUT, considering I'm not jumping on the 10" bandwagon, I'm probably not gonna visit this thread anymore really.

Maybe I should've phrased that differently since you were so eager to jump the gun on my post. I live outside the US, so shipping isn't much better if I buy from a US store. If anything, I end up saving from shipping since I buy other stuff from AmiAmi, not to mention since I'm a regular buyer I accumulate enough points every couple of months so I end up paying less than the already discounted price. So yeah, your point doesn't readily apply to me in that regard.

I now simply have city catwoman, batman and joker and I'm very happy with those three. I gave Batman a cloth raven black cape and with that mod it really has the Arkham feel to it for me. I'd hoped to add Deathstroke to represent Batman's physical enemies, but alas, SE ****ED ME, Cartman's mom style.:lol
Damn that sucks, but still your collection sounds pretty good already with just those three. More than anything at least now you can save up for other stuff instead. :hi5:

Your scaling points are moot.

The Origins Batman will be the same scale as the Deathstroke, as they should be and that's correct - no scaling issues there. Just because they have upped their scale slightly since their City figures doesn't mean that the scaling issues are wrong in any way.

If City Batman was out of scale with City Catwoman and/or Joker then the scaling would be messed up and you'd have a point, but they aren't so there's nothing wrong with the scaling for the batman figures.

Unlike the MGS1 Snake and MGS1 Liquid or for another, more prominent example SF4 Ryu & Ken. The latter have a huge scaling issues with one another.

Oh well, does save money which does come at a convenient time.

Only other PAK's I have are three mass effect releases (Shepard looks good enough in ambient lighting and garrus and tali are great imo) and Man of Steel Superman and Jor, who imo also look pretty great underneath good lighting.

BUT, considering I'm not jumping on the 10" bandwagon, I'm probably not gonna visit this thread anymore really.

PAK Arkham is the only line that I buy from brick-and-mortar. When I first got into the line I bought a Catwoman from Anime Island with some of the most poorly applied paint aps I've ever seen, the eyeshadow was halfway down her cheek. Although I did just pay scalper prices for the SDCC Batman variant from ebay :slap

The paint and price really hurt PAK

It wasn't so bad when they were £50

Yeah, I know what you mean. Showed some mates my collection room last week and they were much more impressed with my Hot Toys, I was explaining the prices when I realised for 2 PAKs from the comic shop at current prices I could pick up a HT figure!

They will soon price themselves out of the un-invested buyers I think, if the haven't already.

The only thing that saves them now is the fact they have a history of a range of pre released figures from a few popular franchises that people have bought into - myself included and will probably want to see completed.

Personally I'm only in it for the MGS and Final Fantasy figures, and if a company made just as many characters, better quality all round and for a better price I'd probably jump ship.

I couldn't go smaller in scale though for a complete collection. I've been spoilt with HT and 1/6 and even PAK to an extent.

They will soon price themselves out of the un-invested buyers I think, if the haven't already.

The only thing that saves them now is the fact they have a history of a range of pre released figures from a few popular franchises that people have bought into - myself included and will probably want to see completed.

Personally I'm only in it for the MGS and Final Fantasy figures, and if a company made just as many characters, better quality all round and for a better price I'd probably jump ship.

I couldn't go smaller in scale though for a complete collection. I've been spoilt with HT and 1/6 and even PAK to an extent.
:exactly: :goodpost: This is my view in a nutshell. The other problem with PAK is how they won't complete some lines, or will just give a single character. It'd be great to get Lady or Trish from DMC 4, Zeus from God of War III, and more from Arkham City in general.

also PAK Man of Steel is their worst line ever, imo.

Good assessment. Count me as one of the uninvested. I always keep an eye on PAK because they do make some interesting products with a unique look but the direction they're going is money I'd rather spend elsewhere.

They only attract me with unique, one of a kind items that we really don't see elsewhere. Like the recent Assassins Creed figures, which are the most detailed and poseable figures of those characters on the market right now. The DC variants are unique, but they priced my interest out of those.

I got all my Arkham Asylum and City PAK for €40-60 now they are looking for €90-100 for the latest, no chance! I'd like them but no way, same with Ezio he was €40 but Edward and Connor are €100-110, my SS Nathan Drake was €125, also some 18 inch Neca figures are only €70-80 or less so where are they getting these prices.

Back