Spooktacular 2012 Ratings Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you rate this years Spooktacular (scale 1 to 10)?

• Poor

Votes: 36 45.6%
  • -

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • -

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • -

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Average

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • -

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • -

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • -

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Excellent

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Avenger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Remember, there is more to Spook than prizes.

Feel free to add comments to show what you missed/liked about this year, things you'd like to see continue, and shoutout's for boardie and SSC generosity.

(Thought it would number the options, so forgive the lack of those)

As always, thanks to SSC for hosting the main event, and providing a unique opportunity for your customers. Thanks to Somethingsexy, Vander, UT, Buffygirl, and any others I've missed for their generosity and for making Spook that much more enjoyable.

th

Last edited:
I felt this year's Spook was just a watered down version of SDCC, but isn't necessarily a bad thing. I pre-ordered two products and bought one item on discount. But I'm really disappointed that all the things that made past Spooks fun were missing this year: scavenger hunts, Mort, freebies, gift cards, production sneak peaks, new product reveals, Spook kit, etc. Plus the lack of significant interaction with the Sideshow staff really hurt this year's event. Social media is for the birds and really has changed the nature of this event, and not for the better.

If this is the way it's going to be, then so be it. Such as well I suppose as the nature of my collecting has changed. Time for me to put Spook to rest, but I'm glad I was able to experience many past Spooks. I haven't won a contest since 07, but I'd tune in every year because it simply was fun. This year the fun really came from the Freaks who made the event their own, and that was great to see.

UT made the event. He gets a 10/10. Several others gave away stuff and I think most who won something from UT passed it forward. IT was my first Spook so I dont know what I ve missed in the past but going by veteran freaks it was a huge letdown on SS's behalf.

I didn't win a Ringwraith so I voted poor. If I had won it I would have voted Excellent.

Fritz <--- :thwak

:nana: :lol

I actually voted above average and that's because the Freaks were awesome. And that's compared to other Spooks. Compared to other collectible companies it would have been Excellent.

This year just plain sucked. It was barely an event. We barely got any new pre-orders and just a few contests each day. No Spook kit! It was very lackluster and just a mere shadow of its former self. :(

I voted right in the middle between average and poor. I would have rated it poor, but the fun we had in the unofficial chat, along with the incredible talent and generosity of our fellow Freaks, made it worth while.

The lack of any real horror-related pre-orders or middle-of-the-night surprise in-stock orders, the lack of a spook kit, the lack of a chat with Sideshow, the lack of a scavenger hunt, and the general ho-hum feeling I got from the Sideshow web site this year were all huge disappointments for me.

And it really has nothing to do with winning anything, because I have hardly won anything at all in 9 years of trying. But at least in past years I had the fun of trying.

[Edit]
Oh, and I just thought of a few more things that were missing - no Criswell, no cheesy staff-produced movie, no Mort comic, and no web "games" (like the bobbing for apples game from '07 and the cow abduction game from '08). And even the Mistress fortunes were less fun than what we used to get.

Last edited:
Yeah i dont know what all the big fuss was about, i think it flat out sucked balls. and i guess there wasn't this so called "spook kit" for this year. Ive had better times bobbing for apples at a senior home.

Yeah i dont know what all the big fuss was about, i think it flat out sucked balls. and i guess there wasn't this so called "spook kit" for this year. Ive had better times bobbing for apples at a senior home.

:rotfl

Did you see any apples with some dentures stuck on them?

I vote excellent because it was more PF from other places instead of super heroes or horror movies. So I was happy to not order much to save money for the Christmas event. Sdcc was the worst we all got killed on that event. So glad SS slowed it down with mixed items. I love how SS can make spook a fun and games event with some PO stuff. Not too much. :)

I voted excellent Because of the way the Freaks pulled together to make it fun .

I did win a Crimson Guard from SS My first win ever from them But No Spooktacular Kit ??? and Mort Not being around was a epic Fail on Sideshows Part

the freaks Made this spook fun for me and for that I give all the freaks a excellent

I didn't win anything, but I'm giving them an 8/10. They tried for sure, and I understand there wasn't much going on w/ chat gone etc. The prizes were great for the people that won them, and really the kit wasn't that big of a deal to me. Just more money towards more important things. Either way I enjoyed it, and I thank them all for even giving us a spook this year, because for a while there it wasn't looking like one was going to happen.

Back