Statue Spidey Classic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess the thing that really throws me off with this statue is the extra thick black lines around his white eyes. well i guess if it was painted that is......:dunno

Spider-Man-3-JK.jpeg

You don't like Steve Ditko's art? He is one of the greats.

Don't think i said that, but if you look at the three pics previously posted, the first two have way less black in proportion to the white centers, while the last pic is closer to the actual statue and imo the first two pics look better. i'm still on the fence about getting this one as i'm positive it would look breathtaking if painted like it was a bronze piece with just the ever so slight amount of the original paint leaking through.

tumblr_m5ko0uBy201ryyz79o1_500.jpg

marvel-comics-retro-the-amazing-spider-man-comic-book-cover-68-crisis-on-campus-aged.jpg

classicsspidey.png

Don't think i said that, but if you look at the three pics previously posted, the first two have way less black in proportion to the white centers, while the last pic is closer to the actual statue and imo the first two pics look better. i'm still on the fence about getting this one as i'm positive it would look breathtaking if painted like it was a bronze piece with just the ever so slight amount of the original paint leaking through.

tumblr_m5ko0uBy201ryyz79o1_500.jpg

marvel-comics-retro-the-amazing-spider-man-comic-book-cover-68-crisis-on-campus-aged.jpg

classicsspidey.png

I think the first pic looks ridiculous, like spider Man is wearing a pair of those over sized sunglasses.

https://s2.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/0AACB018.jpg

The rocks don't bother me as all of the characters will have them and these will display real nice together.

I have no interest in colored versions of these but I goofed around a bit in photoshop with the mask and added some red color tints:

Spidey%20Bronze.jpg

I think I'll leave mine as is!

BB

The rocks don't bother me as all of the characters will have them and these will display real nice together.

I have no interest in colored versions of these but I goofed around a bit in photoshop with the mask and added some red color tints:

Spidey%20Bronze.jpg

I think I'll leave mine as is!

BB

You would need to add a black tint to the webbing to be fair to that treatment.

The eyes bother me too, maybe it's the relief but it looks much better in 2d comic form.

his head is too much of a skull look. the classic comics is more round, maybe its the 2d look. if they really aiming for the classic looks it should be more round. the skulls look is more modern comic. the spidey comiq doesn't even have that strong of a skull look. maybe its the bronze effect.

Wow... This has been up for MONTHS ES of 400 and no one is betting...lol

200290_press01.jpg

200290_press02.jpg

200290_press03.jpg

200290_press04.jpg

200290_press05.jpg

200290_press06.jpg

200290_press07.jpg

200290_press08.jpg

Honestly, I have given serious consideration to picking this up and trying to customize it into a full color PF, I am just not sure how to go about it...lol

Last edited:
I'm not keen on it to be honest. I don't like Spiderman posed on a rock either. You should save your money Spidey & wait for the next Spiderman SS make which won't be long either.

Yeah well it's clearly not that popular. A 1/4 Spiderman with such a small ES should sell out in minutes

Back