spidey 3 tonner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter Parker looks like KD Lang

Gwen Stacy looks like Kimberly Stewart (Rod Stewart's daughter, Paris Hiltons friend)

Mary Jane Watson looks like Carrot Top before the steroids...

These look pretty good - normally Tonner stuff doesn't attempt likenesses but with the Potter items and these they obviously have different sculpts. The clothes are what these dolls are about, and they are pretty successful at that.

how much do these go for ?

I might get one for my sister and darklord Dave.

No doubt Jabba! WTF SS? Trying to reach a new market? Who? Old ladies and weird cat freaks who got tired of Beanie Babies? I mean we're a pretty motley crew here as is, but to throw in an audience of "Matildas" and "Berthas" who smell like cough syrup and listen to Clay Aiken is TOTALLY NUTS! These and Bobble heads will only bring DOWN your reps dudes! Keep it rreeeaaalll!!!

PosterBoyKelly said:
No doubt Jabba! WTF SS? Trying to reach a new market? Who? Old ladies and weird cat freaks who got tired of Beanie Babies? I mean we're a pretty motley crew here as is, but to throw in an audience of "Matildas" and "Berthas" who smell like cough syrup and listen to Clay Aiken is TOTALLY NUTS! These and Bobble heads will only bring DOWN your reps dudes! Keep it rreeeaaalll!!!

LOL :lol

as for this line of dolls they sure are ugly! Oh and spidermans costume needs some major changes done.

those are horrible, why does sideshow even want to associate themselves with trash like this?

Tonner stuf is in such a... strange... scale that I wouldn't grab them even if they were awesome, which they are not. I wish someone would do nice Mary Jane and Gwen figures, though I'd prefer someone other than Medicom to cut the cost.

If they were 1:6 we could at least swipe the outfits for customs.

WTF??! How the hell did SS get involved distributing this garbage?

How can you compare:

4363_press02-001.jpg

To this?

051007s3tonner_01.jpg

:monkey4

Gwen and MJ don't look that bad but Peter and especially Spidey are really off. I liked the Tonner Potter stuff even though I don't own any and half considered these especially because the scale is large about 18". The Spidey costume looks amazingly horrid and the headsculpt of Peter is really generic. The price will probably keep these off of my shelves but if I could find one cheap I might buy a Peter and pose him mask off. IF I find one cheap...

Tonner Dolls are not my "cup of tea" either, but you guys are really brutal. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't a good collectible for the market they are going after. Dolls are a really huge market out there, and the reason Tonner is very successful is because there are people who do want these. If you can't say anything nice, then why say anything at all??? Especially if you don't collect this type of product!

i have serious doubts about this line and the decision making ability of the person who approved it. are they going after grade school buyers? what was sideshow management thinking? like trump sez.. YOU'RE FIRED!!! :lol

lcummins said:
Tonner Dolls are not my "cup of tea" either, but you guys are really brutal. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't a good collectible for the market they are going after. Dolls are a really huge market out there, and the reason Tonner is very successful is because there are people who do want these. If you can't say anything nice, then why say anything at all??? Especially if you don't collect this type of product!

are all opinons welcomed here? if not, shame shame shame on you. :nono sometimes honesty is brutal.

Toys have feelings too. You all should know better than to hurt them with your comments :lol

Different people collect different things. These don't appeal to me either, but there is a huge market for these types of dolls. Tonner is a well established company...Sideshow will have no problem selling these.

My point is, is that's it bad for their rep/image. How? Not to us, we know what's up and collect here (though it does really make me lose some respect for them) but people who don't know much about SS. They'll see these and think THEY made them. Sure it says Tonner, but the mass market is stupid, they'll see DISTRIBUTED BY SIDESHOW and whenever they hear about SS connect them to these. Sure they'll make money off the weird cat people who collect Tonner, but will they get a crossover audience? I doubt it. Why would some weirdo who's into Tonner want a PF Jason or much of anything else SS pumps out? They just won'r go for ANYTHING that SS makes, and vice versa. Medicom, Hot Toys, GREAT cross over marketing there, even Electric Tiki. But Tonner, just a bad mvoe I think. Whatever though, right, aint my money.

Back