Spiderman 3 villians confermed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same mistakes as batman

I'm happy to see Venom get some spotlight but does this strike anyone as a little ominous though. I mean, this is the same road Batman took originally. The first one had Joker, of course, and you can track the following Batfilms' decline based on how many villains they threw in there. For studios it becomes a merchandising dream, but it doesn't seem to me to be possible to do both characters justice. Venom ( some argue this with me, but, hey, didn't JJJ's son just come back from space?), Hobgoblin ( green gobby's son) and Lizard (parker's college professor missing an arm) were both set up in Spiderman 2 but where is Sandman coming from? not that I mind him being in it, I just don't want to see Venom get the Jeep Svenson/Bane treatment...

J

I think Darklord Dave has something with the Beyonder thing. I remember the suit coming out around that time & I thought that it bonded to Parker's new black suit.

Anyway, just like I was saying before, maybe they can have a side story with the suit & at the end, do what they did with Harry(who should become the Hobgoblin. Hopfully Harry does not wear the same green suit from the first film). This will lead into the Venom storyline for Spidey 4.

Like j1976 pointed out, the Lizard & Hobgoblin have been introduced. That does not mean that Raimi has to use them in 3. I do not feel that Sandman can be a single villain throughout an entire film, but one more villain with him would not be to bad. Venom is just to complex to have anoter villain in the same movie.

Darklord Dave said:
Did they re-imagine Venom in the original continuity? I thought Spidey got the black suit when everyone was transported to the moon by the white leisure suit wearing all-powerful alien the Beyonder for the '80s super bash "Secret Wars." It was an alien who attached to Spidey there and came back to earth with him. Of course it's been many years since then, I'm probably confused.

You are right Dave, thats where the cartoon got my hairs crossed.....Pick up the TPB Saga of the Alien Custome, its collects Amazing Spider-Man #252-#258 that tells the tale, better then my poop memory

Nemo and Gruson that is correct cell mates...

see folks this is why you should not read comics and watch kiddie cartoons, I know not what reality I am in..... :google

Last edited:
complex characters...

Unfortunately, so was Two Face...if it sets up Venom for 4 and 3 is a Sandman-dominated film, that would work very well. However, when you get into the multi-villian colaborations, things fall apart (see Batman 2-5, Xmen 1 & 2, Daredevil, etc.) That's not to say that some of those films weren't good, they just seemeed to skip over important characters that could've had their own films. Two Face, Bane, Catwoman, Kingpin, even Sabertooth could've had movies devoted to their origins.

Have you seen the new Spidey video game with Venom as the main villain? They've also got new Venom toys out as well. It seems like they're trying to push him pretty hard, not that they need to. He's super cool! J

I thought Batman Returns was a great movie but I agree, most films do work better with just one bad guy/girl.

most films do work better with just one bad guy/girl.

What about this?

B000063V8G.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited:
i agree with the "too many cooks in the kitchen" idea of villains in the movies. i never really liked sandman in the comics but i remember reading somewhere that Raimi picked him not only because sandman was one of his favorite characters but because he would be a great villain to do CGI with. but what about Venom?? isnt he cool enough to do in a movie by himself?? i hope they dont mess things like the old batman movies.

what about Kraven??? am i the only person that thinks he should be in one of the movies?? he was one of my favorite spiderman villains--- after Venom, Lizard, and the Goblin of course.

-----oh yeah, i cant wait for the new x-men movie to come out!!!

Here's some more info on the woman Venom. Not a real cool name, but simply called She-Venom otherwise known as Ann Weying, the ex-wife of Eddy Brock. The villain calling himself the Sin-Eater shot Eddie Brock’s ex-wife, Ann Weying. Brock, who had since become the villainous Venom, used his alien symbiote to help heal her. While wearing the symbiote, Weying, calling herself She-Venom, went on a rampage.

While wearing the symbiote, Weying, calling herself She-Venom, went on a rampage.
And what a rampage!
A normal very Aunt-May-type character, friendly and pleasant, suddenly slaughtering and physically tearring appart two burly street thugs bodies who obviously didn't think twice when they saw this black-covered person who had big breasts.. they apparently did NOT notice the fact that the head was rather scary and spikey toothed, with a long nasty tongue and eyes that don't make one feel very loved.

'course after the symbiote left her.. she pretty much hated it forever.

Dave had it right:

The symbiote was created back in about 1984 when the 'high concept' of "Marvel Secret Wars" was published. In that series; Most Marvel villains and Heroes of the time were abducted by an alien entity named "The Beyonder." His goal was to understand the concept of desire.

-This was a bad start, since logically, he would have to understand desire to desire to understand. Logic is not a prerequisite to comics. :) Anyway...

Spiderman is wandering around an alien complex after one of the meaningless battles on the Beyonder planet (cobbled together from pieces of numerous other planets) and finds a machine in an empty lab. He presses a button a and plop, a black ball is dropped out. As he picks up the ball, it takes the place of his damaged costume. Oddly it mimicks Spiderwoman's costume and not his own. It was a sad attempt to radically change an established character. Again, logic is not a prerequisite to comics. :) Anyway...

In about 1987, the "Web of Spiderman" title introduced the conscience manevolence of the symbiote.

After several attempts to separate himself from the ever imposing will of the symbiote ( it was taking Spiderman out at night on adventures while he slept) he finally defeats it with the loud noise of a bell tower where it slinks off into the darkness...

It later surfaces as Venom.

Later, realizing the lame origin of a popular character, Marvel decided on a more reasonable origin of Venom.

Logic is not a prerequisite to comics, but sometimes it is employed. :)

Hope this helps

Back