1/6 Spider-man One Sixth Figure Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Arnette

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all.

This is potentially a noob question, as I am relatively new to one-sixth figure collecting, so apologies in advance...

Does Sideshow have the license to create one-sixth scale Marvel comic book characters? Have they ever released one for Spider-man? Is one rumored to be forthcoming? I'd really like to get a 1/6 Spidey, but I don't want to delve into the MCU figures.

Thanks a lot!

They do make Marvel Comics versions of characters- Wolverine, Cyclops, Luke Cage, Magneto, Red Skull, Captain America, and Thor off the top of my head.

They have not done a Spider-Man, so I'm not sure if they have the rights before it merged back with Disney. We'll see what comes next week during their online reveals for not-comic con.

As I’m sure a lot of other people would say the same, Id recommend waiting for HT to make the classic suit from the PS4 game. It’s gotta come eventually.

Spiderman was in their original teaser many many years ago when they first got the license but have yet to actually make him. Iron Man was also in the teaser but they haven’t made him. They’ve also made Punisher, Res Daredevil, Shadowland Daredevil, and they’re on their second Wolverine (tiger stripe version) where as the first was the original brown costume.

As I’m sure a lot of other people would say the same, Id recommend waiting for HT to make the classic suit from the PS4 game. It’s gotta come eventually.

Yeah this is my recommendation if you want a Classic Spider-Man. It's almost assuredly coming from Hot Toys, they'll do a better job than Sideshow too.

I've been collecting Hot Toys since the predator 2 (ver 1) figure came out so...12 years ago? One thing I've learned is dont count on any figure. As much as I want to believe a ps4 classic suit spidey is coming I just doubt it until I see it. Even if I see it if its not up for preorder I'm still skeptical.

Sideshow is in the habit of augmenting or "interpreting" or overhauling costumes in the Marvel line, and Spidey's red and blue tights are too iconic to touch. Magneto, Cyclops and TS Wolverine have been very close, though. Hopefully they follow that recent trend. Now if they would only bulk up the bodies!

Back