Sphero's Star Wars BB-8 Drone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much is the Target one running? Anyone know if that will make it up to Canada at all via another retailer?? I think that one will be the best one for my Son.... I'd love to grab him the Sphero, but the price tag attached vs. his attention span when it comes to toys... lol

Hell, I might just get him the Funko one. :/

BB-8-Disney_LucasFilm-Pop_Vinyl-Funko-trampt-251660m.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Sphero BB-8

I found several of these at my local Best Buy. Picked it up purely on impulse but very happy with it. Very cool little toy. Only complaint is that his head pops off when going too fast or hits something but I guess that is to be expected. Very cool and fun purchase.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444010899.878546.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444010909.749593.jpg

I'm totally happy with my purchase. Nice to display on my shelf. But even better because it can interact. Wished it beeped more. Love it. Would buy this over the HT version anyway.

My 7 year old son wants the BB-8 for Christmas. I'm not sure about spending $150 on the sphere, does anyone have the remote control one sold at Target? Would you recommend it over the Sphere for a 7 year old?

My 7 year old son wants the BB-8 for Christmas. I'm not sure about spending $150 on the sphere, does anyone have the remote control one sold at Target? Would you recommend it over the Sphere for a 7 year old?

I have both and for a kid I would do the Target one. Much slower and simpler and bigger too. Doesn't have as many functions as Sphero. Main better aspects are that is larger and sound comes from BB itself, unlike from the phone. Can't go wrong with it.

I like the remote control one. It's probably more suited to kids' immediate attention span regarding the actual control. I'm a tech geek so I like the sphero one better. I'd recommend the target one for kids.

I have both and for a kid I would do the Target one. Much slower and simpler and bigger too. Doesn't have as many functions as Sphero. Main better aspects are that is larger and sound comes from BB itself, unlike from the phone. Can't go wrong with it.

I like the remote control one. It's probably more suited to kids' immediate attention span regarding the actual control. I'm a tech geek so I like the sphero one better. I'd recommend the target one for kids.

Thank you fellas, I was leaning towards the Target one but wanted to be sure. I appreciate it! Now to go buy it before it sells out everywhere!

I am looking to sell mine. Used 3-4 times on the carpet, so it's absolutely mint. The box is also mint. I am looking for £80 shipped within the UK. Sling me a pm if interested :duff

12208332_977142375679341_4107655925898091184_n.jpg

Play value on this is about 2 minutes and then it sits on it's base. Cool concept but I got tired of it in 5 minutes...If it wasn't a gift I would have returned it...sadly.

I figured this would be the case for me as well. It would sit on a shelf after the novelty wore off.

Play value on this is about 2 minutes and then it sits on it's base. Cool concept but I got tired of it in 5 minutes...If it wasn't a gift I would have returned it...sadly.

Re: Sphero BB-8

That's what most of my Collectables do anyway but this one has the option. Which I like.

Back