Speeding up the Points Process

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Is there a way to adjust the points system so if you receive something and know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you're gonna keep it that you press an "Accept" button and you get the points to use immediately? A pop up window could appear that states "You understand that by accepting these points you can no longer return your purchase" or something along those lines? I'm dying to use some of those pending points I have for things ordered and received...

That would be a pretty major customization in our cart system, but it's a good suggestion to put on our list of 'possibilities'. But remember, even if you don't expect to return it, I'm sure there are times when you might change your mind, and we'd hate to cut that 30 day guarantee short for any reason :duff

Last edited:
I'd like to see that implemented, I know when I'm keeping things for sure and I'd be willing to forego the 30 Days for return to get the points.

I totally understand that Dusty but there are a lot of things I'm getting that I know for sure that I'm keeping and if you click on that "Are you sure" button then the customer is willingly forgoing the 30 Day Return Policy so it really isn't an issue of not offering up great CS. If they click the button and then decide they don't want it, then they are SOL because if you aren't sure then you really shouldn't press the accept points button right? Come on, I know it'll work. :monkey3 :D

But, does returning a product because of broken pieces like some of the boards members Premium Format figure or my Han Solo Bespin belts?

I could see someone saying, "But I didn't mean to (or I didn't even) press the accept button, and I really need to return this within the 30 days!" Sort of like what happens when someone deletes all their pre-orders on the cancel orders page, either accidently or by some mysterious force.

Seems like opening more headaches from a Customer Service systems perspective...

drbrad1975 said:
But, does returning a product because of broken pieces like some of the boards members Premium Format figure or my Han Solo Bespin belts?

Of course not, one would think that broken or damaged items still could be exchanged for a non damaged version but it would null and void the standard "I don't want it" returns. I know if I was able to use my 1000 pts pending in my account I'd buy more SSC stuff for sure.

I don't mind that my pending points aren't available today. Toy Fair is still a month away, and that's when I will want to redeem them. I have 644 points now and another 850 will have converted by then, so I ought to have about $75 worth of reward points to spend on one or two of the new preorders that go up.

tomandshell said:
I don't mind that my pending points aren't available today. Toy Fair is still a month away, and that's when I will want to redeem them. I have 644 points now and another 850 will have converted by then, so I ought to have about $75 worth of reward points to spend on one or two of the new preorders that go up.

Yeah but if the points converted sooner you'd have even MORE points. :cool:

I'm saving up for an "in stock" ultra limited item!!! I never want to be caught having to scramble to cover one of these again! So far, I have 3643 available points, and another 1040 that have shipped and are just awaiting conversion. That's 4683 points, or $234! I want to get to about $500 worth of points to cover a 1:1 bust or another SSE PF figure! Shouldn't take too long at this rate!!! :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

lcummins said:
I'm saving up for an "in stock" ultra limited item!!! I never want to be caught having to scramble to cover one of these again! So far, I have 3643 available points, and another 1040 that have shipped and are just awaiting conversion. That's 4683 points, or $234!

dang thats a lot of points. :horror

lcummins said:
I'm saving up for an "in stock" ultra limited item!!! I never want to be caught having to scramble to cover one of these again! So far, I have 3643 available points, and another 1040 that have shipped and are just awaiting conversion. That's 4683 points, or $234! I want to get to about $500 worth of points to cover a 1:1 bust or another SSE PF figure! Shouldn't take too long at this rate!!! :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Thats why you are my hero Lonnie!

tomandshell said:
If not for the 99 piece limit on the Lord Marshal bobblehead, Lonnie would have even more points.

Ain't that a bit*h!!! I really wanted to have 100 of the Lord Marshal bobbleheads lined up in a 10x10 grid for my display! I had to settle on a 9x11 lineup instead!!! :rotfl

bluesparrow said:
Yeah but if the points converted sooner you'd have even MORE points. :cool:
If the points convert at all, you'd have more points!! One of my items has passed the 40 days threshold by about two weeks now, and the points are still not added to my total. Looks like the system is still not working well?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
If the points convert at all, you'd have more points!! One of my items has passed the 40 days threshold by about two weeks now, and the points are still not added to my total. Looks like the system is still not working well?

I think we figured this one out... does the order still show up in your account as anything other than "shipped"?? If so, you need to contact CS with the order number and have them update the status to shipped. More than likely, the 40 day count down doesn't start until the status changes to shipped! Bummer...

Back