Speculation: new HT Jango Fett vs Commander Cody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you guys think they're going to reuse the Jango clone headsculpt seen on the HT Commander Cody figure, for the new HT Jango? I'm thinking that might be likely, and do I need two of the same sculpt? As great as it might be, and I think it's definitely great...

Really torn about what to do, the more I learn about him the more I think I want Cody, but now we have Jango allegedly coming too - and I'm really torn about what to do. On the one hand I could use Cody's long rifle with the Mythos Boba Fett, which would def be a WIN and I could leave Jango's helmet on.... this is awful.

And then maybe we got Beskar Mando coming later and all this is getting super expensive, lol

Jury is still out, of course this is the prototype and who knows what changes they'll make. TBH I actually I think I like Cody better, he's a more detailed figure.

SDCC19_903741_JangoFett-1.jpg

Already have a specific thread in here for Jango. You could post your speculation there, no need for a whole new thread.

With two versions of the Mando coming in the next year, it makes you wonder if Hot Toys have missed their window of opportunity to release this figure. It'll still appeal to prequel fans, like me, but most others would likely be more interested in the full Beskar Mando.

I actually have minimal to no interest in Mando or Cody, but would buy Jango in a heartbeat. He was one of my fave parts of AOTC and will look great next to Dooku in my PT Rogue's gallery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I actually have minimal to no interest in Mando or Cody, but would buy Jango in a heartbeat. He was one of my fave parts of AOTC and will look great next to Dooku in my PT Rogue's gallery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I want Heavy more than Mando. But we need more fricken aliens. Hot toys needs to step their **** up and make us some backgrounders lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jango's character arc is actually the main thing that adds interest to AotC, IMO. Although I find the Clone War era interesting, and want to see movies about it that are not geared to children, stuffed with absolutely ridiculous aliens and that don't really tie into the Skywalker mythos much.[or at all]

I want a good space marine-type movie, which I am aware I'm not going to find in the SW movie-list anytime soon. :( Its a shame, because its not like they don't have stuff they can use and plenty of it. Why cant we see a movie about the Order 66 time period, people would watch the hell out of that.

why do people keep starting new threads for figures that already have them...
I'm sure it has to do with two different things.

1 there's no longer any etiquette of reading the other forums posts to see if you're duplicating a thread, caused by sort single serving posts of Instagram twitter and fb, and

2 absence of responsibility being that there are no consequences for infraction anymore in society much less on a forum such as this diminishing proper action/response.

There's also the problem if the site's search engine not doing anything. I can't even click my name to find my own posts.

There's also the problem if the site's search engine not doing anything. I can't even click my name to find my own posts.
That's a good point. Also if you're using Tapatalk and not able to use the site it's not really full featured like the site as there are inconsistencies between the two. The app is great though because you dont have to have an image dump site like the actual ssf page.

Last edited:
why do people keep starting new threads for figures that already have them...
I will just say this:

1. Because while i will go back several pages and see if i can find a thread about any given thing, i am not going to mine like, 27 pages of past subjects to make sure the item has never, ever been discussed before in the history of the human race.

2. The search engine here is beyond despicably useless.

3. Should i find an old thread about a subject, resurrecting that thread brings equal if not MORE complaining about "necroposting" or whatever the new buzzword is. I have seen others do it and they get nothing but complaints and flames.

Carry on.

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

I will just say this:

1. Because while i will go back several pages and see if i can find a thread about any given thing, i am not going to mine like, 27 pages of past subjects to make sure the item has never, ever been discussed before in the history of the human race.

2. The search engine here is beyond despicably useless.

3. Should i find an old thread about a subject, resurrecting that thread brings equal if not MORE complaining about "necroposting" or whatever the new buzzword is. I have seen others do it and they get nothing but complaints and flames.

Here's a handy tip

Enter this search query 'site:sideshowcollectors.com hot toys cody' into your preferred search engine, it works on Google or DuckDuckGo.

It's the first result.

Use the 'site: [root url here]' function in your search engine to narrow down results.

Back