Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rewatched the finale for the first time. Excellent ending. Still kinda wish they could have rewrote history and had Gannicus be rescued off the cross but history says he died in the war so...whaddaya gonna do.

Spartacus's demise was beautifully played. Bravo Sir Liam and the guy with the unpronouncable surname who plays Agron. I'm very glad the real history and the uncertainty about what exactly happened to Spartacus facilitated this ending.

Yeah I remember thinking the same. It bugged me that the egyptian stabbed him in the eye in a previous episode and then ultimately killed him. I wanted Oenomaus to get revenge, and it seemed like he would until...
He's ****ing Oenomaus. No silly Egyptian trained by ****ing Ashur should be able to take him out.

You remember when he took out Crixus and Spartacus at the same time while prepping them for Theokoles? Sparty and Crix weren't nearly at the level of skill they have (had) now, but that's still pretty damn impressive.

That there was the money shot and best scene for me in the finale.

Crassus and his men are standing atop the hill and they all turn their heads at once only to see Spartacus nearing the top. Just badass!
What I loved most about that scene was the look in Spartacus' eyes. You knew he meant business. He looked more serious and committed than ever before. It felt like watching pure, merciless death charge at Crassus. I'm sure that's what Crassus thought as well. Amazing scene.

Just finished watching this season. I thought in history or mythology that they didn't really know what happened to Spartacus. I was hoping for that kind of an ending instead of a burial site for Spartacus.It also sucks that Gannicus had to be crucified instead of dying on the field.

anynews of the spinoff from this Spartacus series?
sad the show had actually ended.

Wow...finally finished the final season. I started watching it from day one and that season was fantastic. The "Kill them All" finale was great. Hated seeing Hanna killed but it was deserved. Then I heard about Andy having cancer and thinking he would pull through it. Sadly he did not. S2 brought Gannicus who ended up being my favorite character. S3 I just couldn't get used to Liam playing Spartacus and I lost interest but watched the whole season not expecting much from the last season. Boy was I wrong. I DVR'd the finale season and just finished it up....amazing! Very well done, Bravo. Hard to realize it was over and how the stage was so small in Capua then ending on a huge battlefield. I didn't think they could pull it off but they did. I think Gannicus, while I hated seeing him die, went out a God. Liam impressed the hell out of me in the finale. It was gritty, raw, and sad but epic. From Gannicus envisioning the arena to Spartacus reaching for that sliver of cloth his wife wore....perfect way to do it. The end credits....I teared up watching the characters flash by, knowing it was over, and then Andy with the final, "I am Spartacus!" Very emotional. Top 5 series for me.

Last edited:
I am finally catching up as well... only the season finale missing... will watch it tonight!
What an awesome series this has been... despite some people saying it's only blood and boobs, it really had some powerful characters development and I loved the story lines... will miss this show for sure...

I am finally catching up as well... only the season finale missing... will watch it tonight!
What an awesome series this has been... despite some people saying it's only blood and boobs, it really had some powerful characters development and I loved the story lines... will miss this show for sure...

Yes the gods saw fit to ram **** in *** with the conclusion of this series. I shall drink and **** in its honor.

At last, saw the finale yesterday... I know... I'm months late :lol
I gotta say... by the end I had a lump in my throat...
Really moved by all of the characters stories and endings... wow...
what an amazing show!!
Loved it, loved it!! :rock!

I really want to purchase War of the Damned on blu ray to complete my set, but the UK release has no extras whatsoever. It's just the 10 episodes. It's such a bare release I can't justify £30 on it.

It's a shame too as I really would like to watch the finale again.

I really want to purchase War of the Damned on blu ray to complete my set, but the UK release has no extras whatsoever. It's just the 10 episodes. It's such a bare release I can't justify £30 on it.

It's a shame too as I really would like to watch the finale again.

Is it already out?? I am usually on top of this ****, thought it wasn't out for a month

I just recently finished the show. I gotta put War of the Damned right up there with Blood and Sand. What a great finale. It was so epic. My two favorite moment is when Spartacus ran up the hill after Crassus and they dueled. My other favorite moment is when Spartacus and Crassus had their talk right before the big battle and their handshake. A sign of respect from two rivals. I actually really liked Crassus and thought he was very honorable.

I thought he played the part so well. Really hope they do a Cesar spin off. Really miss this show.

The last 3 episodes were amazing. I was hoping Gannicus would have survived with a chance to include him in a spinoff.

I saw a guy at the zoo earlier this week who looked just like the person who played Ashur, Nick Tarabay.

Just checked his Twitter page and sure enough, he was filming something in my state.

What are the odds. :lol

Finally marathoned the entire season 3 and wow, what an finale. Despite knowing how it would end, it still pained me to see all our favourite characters die and that a certain character lived *coughs*Sybil*coughs*.

I thought the way Crixus' death was unworthy of such a great warrior. It really annoyed me how he died, especially since Crixus had said he didn't want to die with a Roman spear in his back. The same goes for Gannicus. He deserved better than dying at the cross.
But I was glad to see Tiberius die in such an undignified way. He had it coming for all the grief he caused.

What is with all the new Naevia hate? I thought Cynthia Addai-Robinson did a great job in season 3. Loved seeing how badass Naevia had become.

Back