Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

Tonight's episode was absolutely ____ing brilliant! That was a masterstroke by Battiatus.

last nights move by batiatus and supported by a brilliant act of double, triple? cross by Ashur was so good. another great episode!

Yeah, last night's episode was fantastic. I think we saw a major turning point for Crixus - he saw how easily forgotten and tossed aside a supposedly great gladiator can be.

Oh, and it had the best last line of any episode yet -

"I am myself again." Bamf.

i've heard so much about this show, but just haven't been able to see it until now and i must say this is a winner for sure.

I absolutely love this show i have just got Ep 10 & 11 to go then i am up to date.
One of the best for 2010 for sure (even better than Lost)

Been loving this show more and more every week. Haven't been this pumped to see a new episode since BSG started years ago.

Can't believe he dies in the end.

I got to watch the last two episodes and WOW there are not too many shows where it gets better and better with each episode. Next week's episode is gonna ROCK!

I am hoping they kill off half of the cast in this last episode. Pure blood bath.

Last edited:

While I had originally hoped that this season would end with Spartacus' escape from the ludus, paving the way for season 2 to focus on the beginnings of the slave uprising, it's starting to look like things'll stay in the ludus for the time being.

I just can't see them wrapping up all the loose ends sufficiently with only an hour left in the season; it'd feel rushed. Instead, I'm guessing the finale will instead establish the planning and groundwork required to engineer such an escape. Season 2 could therefore focus on the two sides of the same storyline - Spartacus continuing to earn Batiatus' trust and respect in the arena while secretly recruiting gladiators like Crixus and Doctore to his side for the eventual escape.

Either way, the week-long wait until the finale is going to be excruciating. :banghead

While I had originally hoped that this season would end with Spartacus' escape from the ludus, paving the way for season 2 to focus on the beginnings of the slave uprising, it's starting to look like things'll stay in the ludus for the time being.

I just can't see them wrapping up all the loose ends sufficiently with only an hour left in the season; it'd feel rushed. Instead, I'm guessing the finale will instead establish the planning and groundwork required to engineer such an escape. Season 2 could therefore focus on the two sides of the same storyline - Spartacus continuing to earn Batiatus' trust and respect in the arena while secretly recruiting gladiators like Crixus and Doctore to his side for the eventual escape.

Either way, the week-long wait until the finale is going to be excruciating. :banghead

I feel this is also the way the finale will be heading. Which is good and lame. Lame just cause I want a complete blood bath this Friday but you are right that it will be better in the long run.

Hopefully Andy Whitfield is getting better and is well enough to start shooting Season 2 soon! That guy fing rocks!

Do you guys think they really need to set it up too much more? I don't think the revolt is going to be a clever scheme as much as just a mad rush of the guards... I'm eager to find out though!

Do you guys think they really need to set it up too much more? I don't think the revolt is going to be a clever scheme as much as just a mad rush of the guards... I'm eager to find out though!

Yea I could see Spartacus going both ways, he is definitely cunning but he doesn't show it as much. I think now that he has nothing to live for and doesn't need to leave right away I could see him sticking around a bit longer to make work perfectly. I also can't see them killing off Dominus and Domina this week either. Seems they setup enough story for them to live for most of season 2.

No, trust me, the revolt is definitely going to happen this week. On the Starz website they show frames from the next episode and it looks like they removed it now, but before there was a picture of Doctore weilding a sword and fighting in the background.

Here's the link to where the picture use to be:
https://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus/SPARTACUSBLOODANDSAND_113

Back