Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

I'm avoiding doing a refresh on the history so as to keep any deaths an (unpleasant) surprise. I really don't want any of them to die but I suppose it has to happen.

Hopefully in one or two more seasons. I want next season to be about Marcus hunting them and last season when all fall.

Wow. I was actually left jaw-dropped by the end of 'Monsters'. This show just gets better and better each week. So, so, so glad I gave this show a chance as its turning out to be one of my favourites of all time.

Next Monday can't come soon enough!

Wow. I was actually left jaw-dropped by the end of 'Monsters'. This show just gets better and better each week. So, so, so glad I gave this show a chance as its turning out to be one of my favourites of all time.

Next Monday can't come soon enough!

Oh, you guys have to wait until Monday :lol

Only 4 more days to go for me :nana: and then Monday the 2nd season of Game of Thrones starts back up on HBO.

Re: Spartacus on Starz

That was a damn amazing finale. I had chills throughout most of it and was on the edge of my seat all the way until the end.

That last 10-15 minutes was non-stop chills for me. That was ____ing incredible.

Here's a nice little post finale interview with showrunner Steven S DeKnight about the final episode, and where the show can be expected to go from here. Just don't read it before you have watched the finale, as it is (understandably) spoilerific as all hell: https://bit.ly/H24yyu

Gonna be a long wait until the next season...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyone who gave up on this season missed out. It was damn good.

Awesome finale! Looks like my theory on the finale was correct with regards to the battle between Spartacus and Glaber.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Okay, the show has aired, so no spoiler tags. You have been warned!

I did not see Lucrezia's endgame at all. But it makes sense in that she's been crazy all along. And Illythia isn't even as wounded as Lucrezia was at the end of the first season. But I guess her story is over since we've got Crassus and Ceasar next season. We've probably seen the last of the ludus too.

I didn't want to see Ashur go - but again - he's part of Glaber's story - so I guess it makes sense. And Oenomaus was one of my favorite characters - I didn't know the history or I would have been better prepared for it.

This show isn't as smart as Game of Thrones or many other shows - but I really found myself looking forward to it all this season.

That was brilliant. Another truly great season finale, dayum! Best show on TV for me.

I'm watching that again.

Just finished 2nd viewing. The last scene is fist-pumpingly stirring.

success_baby.jpg

startrek2-1.gif

I did not see Lucrezia's endgame at all. But it makes sense in that she's been crazy all along. And Illythia isn't even as wounded as Lucrezia was at the end of the first season. But I guess her story is over since we've got Crassus and Ceasar next season. We've probably seen the last of the ludus too.
Yeah Lucrezia really showed her full psychosis at the end there, but it makes sense now that I think about her arc throughout this season.

I didn't want to see Ashur go - but again - he's part of Glaber's story - so I guess it makes sense. And Oenomaus was one of my favorite characters - I didn't know the history or I would have been better prepared for it.
Oenomaus and Gannicus are my favorite characters after watching Gods of the Arena. It was awesome to have Gannicus back full force towards the end of the season, but the part with Gannicus and Oenomaus brought a tear to my eye.
:rock

Yes, Oenamaus getting killed sucked! That was one of my favorite characters on the show. But his death added a great sense of drama to ending the bad blood with Gannicus. His being impaled by the Egyptian and sending Gannicus into that rage just sent chills down my spine.

In all, we should've seen it coming. After their victory in the fight last episode and being swept away by the crowd without saying anything to Gannicus, and taking the lead on holding Gannicus' rope, and giving him the slight nod, he never told him he forgave him, though we all assumed it.

I'm definitely glad I stuck it out through the first few episodes. At first, seeing Liam as Spartacus was tough, but I kept reminding myself what a great show this was, and this finale really mad it worth it. To make what Dave said short, out with the old and in with the new. So looking forward to next season now!

Thankfully Game of Thrones starts back up tonight. Between that and the NHL play offs coming up, I have a few things to hold me over till the new seasons of Partacus and The Walking Dead start.

Back