Sovereign Studios question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellboyFanChuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Happy Holidays friends!

Question for you all. Is Sovereign Studios still around making custom 1/6 items? I?ve been out of the loop for a few years and just now getting back into the 1/6 hobby. I?m trying to track down the ever elusive Indiana Jones 1/6 jacket so I thought I would just ask them directly. :)

Thank you!

-Chuck

Yeah, haven’t heard anything out of Shawn in a long, long time. I used that jacket for my old SS Indy when I had him. Good stuff.

Depending on your price range, Geewhiz customs also made fairly affordable Raiders Indy jackets (compared to someone like Kato for instance) from real leather that I thought looked really good. However, I admittedly don’t know about the accuracy of it, but it looked pretty good to me

Thank you all for the advice. Can you point me towards how exactly to contact Yunsil, Geewhiz Customs, Kato, and any others who I should holler at about 1/6 Indy parts? I’m not sure what everyone’s screen name or member name is. Lol. Thank you again.

Thank you all for the advice. Can you point me towards how exactly to contact Yunsil, Geewhiz Customs, Kato, and any others who I should holler at about 1/6 Indy parts? I’m not sure what everyone’s screen name or member name is. Lol. Thank you again.

Yunsil doesn’t deal with people directly unless you are organizing a run with her. To track down those items you will need to hang around the for sale section and the other custom one sixth board and social media (Facebook) groups.

Kato does deal directly but he makes like 12 of everything and it’s instantly sold out you will have to deal directly on the second market.

Also totally my own opinion but the level of customs has increased astronomically in the last 13 years since the sovereign days. If you are going all in on Indy you gotta move on from the sideshow one. Even the hot toys one sucks, the current best heads are supplied by Jnix Inigo and Majestic 12. If you’re going all in on on any of these outfits/gear which is sure to set you back about 600-1500 dollars the sideshow is just not worthy of it. You probably need a head that’s up to snuff.

Even if you were to find one of those old sovereign jackets that cost like what, 175 back in the day? Someone would want at least 300 for that now I’m sure (honestly those jackets still hold up).

The game has changed drastically in all these years and the price is in another stratosphere. But so is the level of figures.

If you want a slightly better Indy on the cheap getting the hot toys is probably your best bet but that was so many years ago the future and the parts have even dried up by now.

If you are considering just going all in on a new Indy contact Shortround. One of the only one of us back from the early days, he’s put together some of the best Indy figures ever and he’s getting out of the hobby and letting them go.

Back