Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:tap

What happened? I just got back from dinner all eager to see the pics and...no pics.

Um, no pressure, Shawn. :D

:rotfl

How was dinner?

I'm pretty excited to see the outfit too, and hopefully a dressed figure with faux hair strewn over her face. Shawn had said he's prolly gonna make the shoes by hand so maybe that will take a little longer -- oh, just heard -- Shawn wasn't feeling too great today and one of his kids was sick so... hopefully we'll get an update soon.

Last edited:
I'm still here guys , sorry been real busy.
I'm eager to see this as well. It really should of been a figure that should of been officially made so I'm glad we have the chance to get this one .

Sorry, guys. I hit a snag in my projected schedule for the prototypes on this. What is that people say? "Life is what happens while you're making other plans". I'm sewing stuff now, working bugs out of the patterns. You can draw them all you want but you don't really know until you give them a try.

Yeah, I'll likely end up doing the shoes, too. Dr. Mego has ADIDAS type sneakers, but they molded them with the seam line right down the middle, which I hate.

Again, sorry guys. I'll get some fresh pics up ASAP.

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear about the illness going around. I had it last week myself. Still have it somewhat.

Anyway, post when you can. Eager to see.

I'm glad Shawn's doing the shoes too, those Mego's look like cheap doll shoes with raised stripes, no detail.

Newt's shoes need the Sovereign touch IMO. :cool:

Here are a few shots of Newt that I captured.

newtshoe2.jpg

newtshoe3.jpg
newtshoe4.jpg

newtshoe5.jpg

From icruise back on page whatever. Newt's shoes were clearly blue with light blue trim based on these and the Pic I provided. Anyway, thse ref shots should be all shawn needs now...

shoes1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Yeah, that behind-the-scenes shot is great for the shoes. I'm not sure if they're two-tone blue, though. I actually had a pair like that when I was a kid, around 85 or 86. They were dark grey on light grey. But that's still close to blue, in the right light. I was studying the scene where Ripley and Newt are walking backward through the eggs the other night. You guys should be happy my wife is sharper than I am; I lost track of whose feet were whose, and these figures almost ended up with boots!:banghead:lol

On another note, I found the perfect fabric for the coveralls! The stripes, surprisingly, are even in scale. I bought four yards of the stuff. 54" X 12' should do it. Thanks to that kind lady at Wal-Mart who is always far too interested in what I'm doing!:lol

Thanks Shawn,
JC used blue filters quite often in the film. Gray/blue, whatev, works for me!

And congrats on finding the Lil' Engineer coverall Fabric. I was wondering how you were gonna apply pinstripes to denim, but problem solved. That will save you a lot of time I suspect. Good find!

The proto will be that much better now.

You sound kind of psyched now -- and that's a good thing.

Since we are getting closer to figure roll out time, I'm reposting this, don't know when I'll have time to update it so I'll turn it over to Shawn...

Sovereign Freaks Newt Group Discount Rate: Approx $125.

Figure includes Casey and maybe another accessory, possibly a Facehugger.

Updated: Freaks who have expressed Interest...

r-pjam (unpainted head)
r-Wor Gar (unpainted head)
r-galacticboy
metaphorge (leaning r/ rooted)
k s-lerath666
s-icruise
s-BadMoon
s-sick boy 82
r-dark spidey
r-tigerfeet
s-FACEBOX
kuzeh
r-Mudshark
r-Les Walker (Head only: bald)
Ironman1188 (pending HS)
r-Jedimike71
k- P@CK@R@CK
s - Faschist Hippy
r-tnaig001
s- uscmhicks
s/r - lethal1973 - 2 Figs
r- mookeylama
migwit

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair
k = kit (no body)

Please Specify kit if preferred. All others will be for a complete figure

Latest update:

Yeah, that behind-the-scenes shot is great for the shoes. I'm not sure if they're two-tone blue, though. I actually had a pair like that when I was a kid, around 85 or 86. They were dark grey on light grey. But that's still close to blue, in the right light. I was studying the scene where Ripley and Newt are walking backward through the eggs the other night. You guys should be happy my wife is sharper than I am; I lost track of whose feet were whose, and these figures almost ended up with boots!:banghead:lol

On another note, I found the perfect fabric for the coveralls! The stripes, surprisingly, are even in scale. I bought four yards of the stuff. 54" X 12' should do it. Thanks to that kind lady at Wal-Mart who is always far too interested in what I'm doing!:lol

Last edited:
Hey guys, I had a thought about the "other item" besides Casey...

What about a LOCATOR watch for Newt? The one that Ripley gave Newt in the Med Lab. It's definitely a critical item for both her and Ripley.

I should be down for 2 complete figures (not k-no body) either rooted or sculpted hair, does not matter. Thanks

Noted lethal. I think once people see her with rooted hair many will change their preference over to that... we'll see...

Hey guys, I had a thought about the "other item" besides Casey...

What about a LOCATOR watch for Newt? The one that Ripley gave Newt in the Med Lab. It's definitely a critical item for both her and Ripley.

I think that's a great idea WG. I would prefer a facehugger but HT makes one that is poseable (bendy fingers and tail) so I guess I can wait for that..

DekDave provided us some GREAT locator ref pics. I will post them up today on this thread when I have time. :D

Okay, here's one... looks very 80s Casio

locator6.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys. Shawn I am still interested in a Newt head with rooted hair, but I also may be interested in a kit. What comes in the kit? Newt's overalls, shirt, shoes, and "Casey" the doll head, and one other accessory? Please let me know.

I'm sorry if I'm not "on top" of the latest news guys. I still don't have internet back up at home, and check the board from my in-law's house during the week when I can. :eek:

Thanks Shawn. :D

bumpity bump...

is he still selling the full figure made up because I suck at customizing and I know it will be sat here in pieces for ever. :monkey2:monkey2

Yes, Once we settle on a suitable body (most likely a Mego 8" standard male) as Les has suggested...

One more thing, the Thread is about to cross the 10,000 hit threshold. :cool:

Wait to hear her scream! :D

Mike, a kit is everything except the body...

Okay, so has a price been set on the kit yet? I still want to try to get a rooted hair Newt head, and the kit if I can afford it. Let me know. Thanks again. :D

Back