Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shawn, I MAY....that's a big "MAY" still be able to get the full Newt figure from you with the rooted hair. I'll try to sell some things on eBay, and see if I can come up with the money. I'm also trying to sell on eBay to save up for Sideshow's exclusive Indiana Jones that I pre-ordered. So, please still keep me on your list right now for the full figure of Newt with the rooted hair. I'll do my best to get it from you being that I'm on a budget now, that doesn't give me any spending money. :eek: So I'll have to sell some to make some. Thanks again.

No problem, Mike. I'm a ways away from having a finished figure/finalizing the list, etc.

On that note, it shouldn't be too much longer. I have one more major (but necessary) surgery to do on the head. I did a digital mock-up of what I have planned and it makes a ton of difference.

Okay, thanks Shawn. I'll do my best to get the entire figure. But, if I cannot, I definitely will get your Newt headsculpt with the rooted hair. But for right now, I'm working towards getting the full Newt figure from you.

It's odd but this thread and the project seems to be dying:monkey1 Aside from JediMike, is anyone still interested? I still want to do it, but not if the interest isn't there.

I'm still interested, but I think because people haven't seen an update from you in about 3 weeks, it gets a little hard to keep as enthusiastic as in the beginning. And no fault of you own, as most of us understand how long it takes to get these customs done. These things just take awhile.

But do you have any updates of either the head or any of the clothes for Newt?? :D:D We really appreiciate pretty pictures!

I'm still interested, but I think because people haven't seen an update from you in about 3 weeks, it gets a little hard to keep as enthusiastic as in the beginning. And no fault of you own, as most of us understand how long it takes to get these customs done. These things just take awhile.

But do you have any updates of either the head or any of the clothes for Newt?? :D:D We really appreiciate pretty pictures!

It's odd but this thread and the project seems to be dying:monkey1 Aside from JediMike, is anyone still interested? I still want to do it, but not if the interest isn't there.

I spent a great deal of my own personal time organizing this project and had 24 Freaks Interested at the start of this...

But the updates have been few and far between lately.

Shawn, I think its best you manage the project from here. :D

Last edited:
Just waiting for an update on Newt's status.

I haven't posted much only because the talk and suggestions about the sculpt seemed to only aggravate you, Shawn, so I figured best to leave the artist alone to present his work how he sees fit. Believe me, once we get updated pictures, I'm sure this thread will buzz again with comments, criticisms and praise.

Thanks Shawn for your help and understanding. Because of my tight budget, it will be VERY hard for me to get the entire figure from you....but I still want to get one! I will try my best. Even if it ends up being you, and me, and "icruise" that want one....will you still go forward with it? If not the entire figure, at least the head? I know I will definitely get the head with the rooted hair from you if I end up not being able to get the entire figure. But, I promise I will try to get the whole figure from you. Thanks again! :D

yeah sorry I haven't posted up much in the thread , I didn't want to make you feel as if I was rushing you as I hate to do that to artists.
Just carry on with it bro I'm sure either all or the majority of people who signed up will definetely still be interested. I am anyway and judging by Jedi Mikes post count on here , he really really is !. I'm not surprised bro it will finish your collection off nicely ! :rock.
Carry on pal , were all behind ya ! :D

I have my own custom Newt that you can see in my signature image, uscmhicks. But I also want to get Shawn's custom Newt too. His head is MUCH better than the recycled Star Wars Episode I Anakin Skywalker child head I used for my custom Newt. But, all in all, I'm still very proud of my Newt. :D

Hell Mike, I'm proud of your Newt! :D I think it was a cool thing to get on with it and make one.

I made mine last year too. She's somewhere around here...:D

Hope we hear something soon. I still want a plain head in this deal.
I have learned though, you can't rush work like this. Shawn will get 'R done!

Hey, Les. Yeah I'm VERY proud of my Newt too! Just as we both talked about on the phone, we both can be proud of our custom Newts. I just want to at least get the better looking Newt head from Shawn once he's done. I know it'll look much better than the Anakin head I have now. But yeah, I'll always be proud of my Newt. :D

Back