Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics coming soon, guys. I filled her cheeks out. Still don't agree, but I did it anyway:eek: I think I might take the tip of her chin down a bit, too. As you know I've been working from the scenes where she visits the derelict ship with her family. Are those reshoots from a later date? Does anyone know? That might be part of my problem.

Got a casting here that I'm working on. This is the one where I'll do final smoothing and incorporate the neck mount. A note on smoothing things out I should have mentioned earlier on.....

ALL of my sculpts initially have a few hard edges. I do that to compensate for the fact that I always end up lightly sanding the castings to get a smooth surface. I also tend to coat everything I paint with about three coats of urethane clear coat beofre the Dull Cote goes on. That fills in some detail, too. When you're working clay with mineral spirits and a paint brush it's hard to get fine features like eyelids really soft before the clay just erodes and washes away. Maybe better sculptors don't have this problem, but when you suck, you do have this problem:lol

She already looks a lot better, and I haven't done anything to the casting. Like I said, just seeing her in a lighter color makes a ton of difference.

OH!! I also updated the Batman thread, for those of you here who are in on that one.

Awesome news Shawn! :D

Most of the screengrabs are from the the CE DC DVD. Note: Carrie did stay on with Sigourney after most of the cast left to shoot the egg chamber/escape scene... don't know about the Derelict ship scene (that might have actually been shot much earlier.) Also, Carrie hung out with the Brit tea break craft services so maybe she had a few more crumpets. LOL. Maybe Cameron wanted to fatten up her face so she'd look more child-like.

UPDATE: Heard from Shawn a few days ago. New pics should be coming real soon. Maybe sooner than you think.:D

Geez, what happened to this thread? I guess no news, no new posts.

We should be getting some new pics soon...

New photos, finally.....
Keep in mind, the hair is very much temporary. I just got tired of trying to judge her bald.

DSC02114.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

DSC02116.jpg

Daium! That looks good!
Something a little weird about the eyes, but it might be just because you used flash.

Can't wait to see more pix. :D

Looking good, but I'm definitely in the rooted hair camp on this one... it will make a huge difference in her appearance IMO.

I would like to see a rooted hair mock up.

What body are you planning on using to make these Shawn?

Last edited:
New photos, finally.....
Keep in mind, the hair is very much temporary. I just got tired of trying to judge her bald.

DSC02114.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

DSC02116.jpg

Yeah, I agree that the face is great! The likeness is there to me. I am one of those who wants a rooted hair one from you. Thanks again for the update! :D

wow Shawn! that's one of your best sculpts! pupils might be a bit angled. definitely real hair. i think i'd like a Newt if it's not too late to join in. not really going for all the marines but will prolly get a Ripley and loader.

Time for a GIANT Update...

... she will be in the Batman range. As for accessories, she will have Casey for sure. I'm thinking over other stuff, too. Maybe a helmet, if I can get a cast of a USCM helmet. Maybe a face hugger?

Sovereign Freaks Newt Group Discount Rate: Approx $125.

Figure includes Casey and maybe another accessory, possibly a Facehugger.

Updated: Freaks have expressed Interest so far...

r-pjam
r-Wor Gar
r-galacticboy
metaphorge (leaning r/ rooted)
k s-lerath666
s-icruise
s-BadMoon
s-sick boy 82
r-dark spidey
r-tigerfeet
s-FACEBOX
kuzeh
r-Mudshark
r-Les Walker (Head only pending HS)
Ironman1188 (pending HS)
r-Jedimike71
s-Sabres21768 (pending HS)
k- P@CK@R@CK
s - Faschist Hippy
r-tnaig001
s- uscmhicks
s - lethal1973
r- mookeylama

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair
k = kit (no body)

Please Specify kit if preferred. All others will be for a complete figure

Here she is......

zznewtfinal.jpg

New photos, finally.....

DSC02114.jpg
DSC02115.jpg

The Anakin body was a good choice. I've considered those myself for many things, but they're pretty hard to come by these days. I"m trying to scrape one up for young Michael Myers.

Thinking more about Newt's clothes, tailoring may not be a major issue if you're wanting to use your own body. It's a baggy shirt and baggy coveralls. Her costume really wasn't what you could call tailored, anyway. The only issue could be height depending on the body you use. What seems like the most feasible thing at this point is two offer Newt two ways: a complete figure using whatever body most of us can agree on, and a "kit" version without a body for those of you that want to build your own. The price difference would be whatever the cost of the bodies ends up being.

newtf.jpg
newtb.jpg

shoes1.jpg

[/B]

Last edited:
I'm thinking i'm gonna waana go Kit version, anybody know a good source for RAH 220 bodies?
Failing that, the new CJ7 figures have a nice child sized body too.

Thanks, guys. Glad you like her. I may start initially with a sculpted hair version only. This is just because I'm deciding on methods for doing rooted hair. Carrie's hair had a lot of wave and texture, which you just can't get with Barbie hair. I've even gone as far as trying to make miniature curling irons and crimpers, nothing works. I'll likely do what I did with that Robert Plant head. If I split yarn, leaving some kinky and some straight, it would have the right effect. I want to get some of these going as soon as possible, so I'm starting with one version. The list seems about split evenly between sculpted v. rooted so I can make some decent progress while I work out the real hair for the rest of you.

PS: PJAM..... clean out your posts, man. You're quoting about 10 other posts in there with every reply :D

I do think that some people might want to see both before making a final decision, though, even if they have declared that they want one or the other. I doubt that I'll change to rooted, but I'm interested to see what it looks like.

I prefer the John Paul Jones rooted hair actually... for mine anyway. I think Wor Gar also prefers that but I forget. I'll just dirty it up on mine.

PS: PJAM..... clean out your posts, man. You're quoting about 10 other posts in there with every reply :D

Shawn, I try to keep product info that is relevant included with the list so anyone visiting the site for the first time and may be interested is informed by the Customizer.

Kit info, bodies, outfitting, pricing and accessories are relevant info IMO. I addressed this earlier but I'll slim it down to the basics if those 3 older quotes bother anyone. :D

Last edited:
Ah! Didn't realize that's what you were doing, pjam. Nice to have a little resource guide, I suppose. As for the rooted hair, I'll only be doing it one way. Once I settle on one, that is. The hair and the method will determine how the top of her head is configured for ease of assembly, so it's not practical to have a dozen sculpts to accommodate a dozen types of hair. I really don't think you would want the hair on the John-Paul Jones head. It's not hair, it's fake fur. It only comes in dark brown, black and white. I know it looks a bit blonde in those pics, but it isn't. In person it's roughly the color of Harrison Ford's hair.

Shawn, due to my VERY limited spending budget this year, I'll have to back down to just the Newt head with rooted hair. :eek: I will have a lot of trouble coming up with the $125.00 for the full Newt figure from you with the rooted hair. So, how much would the head be with rooted hair? Please let me know. Thanks! :D

Belive me...I'd LOVE to get the entire figure from you but I just can't see how I'll be able to afford it this year. I hope to at least be able to get the head with rooted hair, unpainted if that makes it any cheaper, from you. Let me know here, or send me a PM. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back