Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sovereign ALIENS Newt Thread

Those who have Expressed Interest so far from what I can tell...

pjam
Wor Gar
galacticboy
metaphorge
lerath666

*Interest: Yes I'm potentially Interested in a Sovereign Studios Custom Newt.

Those interested in this project LMK...

I'm in, I'd just like to see the sculpt first as always.

I'll start trying to find some good clothing for everyone's Newt.

alien5.jpg

Those who have Expressed Interest so far from what I can tell...

pjam
*Wor Gar
galacticboy
metaphorge
*lerath666
*icruise
*BadMoon

*Interest: Yes I'm potentially Interested in a Sovereign Studios Custom Newt.

Those interested in this project LMK...

C'mon Lil' Newt, join the gang...

DSC06208.jpg

Updated...

Last edited:

Consider my interest peeked. However, I would like to see the final sculpt and know the price. I also would like some help with the clothes and base figure. That being said I am interested.

I'm checking on clothing now. There are some overalls out there, Barbie mostly, that will work with minor cutting or folding. A gray sweat shirt shouldn't be too hard to find for her. Not sure what shoes she wears.

Pjam, I'm thinking maybe this is a job for Skip at ProjectARE. We know he makes sweatshirts, and I think he might be able to make the overalls we need should the order be enough. He's pretty good about doing specialty work and his prices are reasonable.

I'm checking on clothing now. There are some overalls out there, Barbie mostly, that will work with minor cutting or folding. A gray sweat shirt shouldn't be too hard to find for her. Not sure what shoes she wears.

Pjam, I'm thinking maybe this is a job for Skip at ProjectARE. We know he makes sweatshirts, and I think he might be able to make the overalls we need should the order be enough. He's pretty good about doing specialty work and his prices are reasonable.

Noted WG, thanks.

But wouldn't Shawn be able to provide the outfit for us with the fig?

Thanks Wor-Gar! Keep me posted.

Noted WG, thanks.

But wouldn't Shawn be able to provide the outfit for us with the fig?

Oh, is he doing a complete figure? That would be great. I misunderstood, thought this was for a sculpt.

In that case maybe Skip is a good lead for him, if he doesn't want to bother with tracking clothing parts.

Oh, is he doing a complete figure? That would be great. I misunderstood, thought this was for a sculpt.

In that case maybe Skip is a good lead for him, if he doesn't want to bother with tracking clothing parts.

Yeah, this is for a Sov Newt Bro, complete (sans Casey).

I'm sure we'll hear more when Shawn checks into the thread...

Skip would be an excellent source for making a run of outfits too...

Going by my own experience, I think having Shawn make the whole figure is definitely the way to go (assuming that's possible). It's surprisingly hard to find clothes and bodies that are child sized, so having someone make the outfit from scratch would seem to be the best option. I think you'll get more people interested if they don't have to track down all this stuff.

But I do think we should get a Casey with her. What other accessories would there be?

Those who have Expressed Interest so far...

r-pjam
r*Wor Gar
r-galacticboy
metaphorge
s*lerath666
s*icruise
*BadMoon
sick boy 82
dark spidey
r-????? (MIA)
FACEBOX

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair

Should be one more. Who are we missing?

*Yes I'm potentially Interested in a Sovereign Studios Custom Newt.

Those interested in this project LMK and specify hair preference...

alien5.jpg

C'mon Lil' Newt, join the gang...

DSC06208.jpg

Updated...

Last edited:

This seems like a workable project. Selling the head/clothes as a kit is a solid idea. The only problem is, what approximate size to make the outfit? I'm sure you guys can tell from my work I'm rather obsessed with exact tailoring. And I have to agree with icruise, I'm much more in favor of sculpted hair. You can have exact control over the final look. And now that I've figured out to make rubber wigs (see my "V" and Michael Myers stuff in the other thread) it's even more feasible. Here's a few shots Of heads I've done with real hair:

Singing Robert Plant. Real hair done with split yarn, and a sculpted hair version:

DSC01253.jpg

p4plant5b.jpg

John Paul Jones, Led Zepplin:
finalJPlonghair3.jpg

Trent Reznor, NIN:
sculptreznor2.jpg

sculptreznor1.jpg

Real hair CAN be done, but it's nearly impossible to get it just right. You have to fight with it forever.

Ok, I'm getting flustered here, updated the list twice, some of the posts disappeared, were 44, then reappeared, then disappeared again. :confused:

We had 10 on board... then 8 with no prefs...

Should be 11 now with FB, I'm missing someone.

8 -10 posts are gone. Also had 750 hits, now down to 552

Bad happenings on the board today... but to be clear I now believe in rooted hair and want this figure!

BTW, anyone know how tall she's supposed to be? A Mego body might be about right and for the size pack a decent amount of articulation (except for the cut nect). And with the re-issued figures not too much of a money crunch.

Since my original post has disappeared, I'll reiterate: I vote for real hair!

I also believe the John Paul Jones hair in the pic above would work best for Newt; it's about the right color and has a good messy look.

Shawn also posted a pic with what he felt was more "Newt-like" hair but that is gone along with WG's other Newt pics...

If anyone knows who I'm missing (we lost one in SL3) LMK. :D

There should be 11 of us...

btw, missing posts are now gone forever as per DD.

Last edited:
Back