sovereign studio Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shawn, just curious, is your John Carpenter Michael Myers still a work in progress or have you dropped that project?

The Carpenter Myers is still coming. Hope to have one of those done soon, too. In the mean time here are a couple of shots of the RZ with wider shoulders:

DSC02089.jpg

DSC02090.jpg

DSC02091.jpg

Holy crap!!! That looks phenomenal!!! :bow :bow Absolutely mind blowing....best sculpt of Zombie Myers I have seen and probably will ever see!

weee! love these! the jumpsuit even has a corduroy collar! musta been hell finding corduroy in scale. do wish the longer hair was real too rather than sculpted tho. u do real hair so well! still love your Sparrow figs for that.

That really is fantastic work, so are you making the clothes as well from scratch? They look really good.

Thanks for all the kind words on this one guys. I worked my butt designing it. Maybe I went a bit nuts with the details and extras, but I really love the character. And, against popular opinion, I REALLY love Rob's version of the whole thing.

Galactiboy....... yes, I designed and made everything. Did all of my own patterns, too as I usually do. I'm particularly fond of the coveralls. They're patterned straight off the real thing. Thanks to Tyler Mane being cool enough to return my email, I know exactly what he wore and was able to research a pair of the same make/model first hand.

I'm in the process of putting my site back together. Here's Michael's page. The pics are not the best. I was trying to be clever and capture the right mood. Don't know if I got, mostly what I got was a bunch of blurry pics:monkey2 I may have to send one of these to Maul Fan someday to have hom photographed.

https://lkutara.homestead.com/index.html

For anyone interested, I'm trying to start a group for the Zombie Myers figure. Where pricing is concerned I've decided to offer them a few ways:

STANDARD:
Myers figure w/"Shatner" masked head only and knife:: $125.00
SPECIAL EDITION:
Myers figure w/ALL THREE heads and knife::$175.00
You can also go with the "standard" figure and add on your choice of ONE of the additional heads for $25.00

There are also minor options available:
You can choose how dirty/bloody you want him.
You can have bullet holes/no bullet holes.
You can choose how dirty you want the mask.

Right now I'm just trying to get the list together. I'm not taking payment for these yet, I want to get the Batman list wrapped up before I get into this project.

I will also have the CLASSIC Michael Myers AND the Malcolm McDowell Loomis available very soon. I should have the prototype photos up on my new site later tonight.

Nice work on the Loomis Shawn.

I'm definitely interested in at least 1 Myers from you, but I want to see how your Carpenter Myers turns out before I make my decisions. Sorry if that's too vague a response to your inquiry.

No problem, MaulFan. The classic Myers pics are up on the site now. Keep in mind he's a prototype. That's the head I'm using, but the coveralls are wrong. For this one I used a pair of the Tyler Mane coveralls that I dyed green. The others won't have the reinforced shin panels or the pen slot on the sleeve. I wanted to go with real hair on this guy but it turns out fans of the classic look are very, very picky about the look of the hair. Such an exacting look is nearly impossible to replicate with real hair.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Shawn. Ya, I'm probably one of those picky people about the hair and everything on the original mask, it's just one of those things that burns in your memory I guess.

It's look great. I know it's a proto, but just figured I'd point out that his undershirt is white in the movie.

You're working on a Donald Pleasance Loomis also right?

Answered my own question with a little digging.

2008_DP_loomis_1.JPG

If I may, his head seems a little narrow from the eyes up in the frontal view, if you just bulked it up a bit it'd look great. I love the emotion you go in this one.

Yeah, I agree Maul. His head needs to have more of an overall round shape. I didn't catch it until I photographed it. It's weird. How could you miss something like that during the many hours it took to sculpt, but catch it in a photograph?? Who knows:rolleyes: I'm glad you like it overall, though.

Yeah, I agree Maul. His head needs to have more of an overall round shape. I didn't catch it until I photographed it. It's weird. How could you miss something like that during the many hours it took to sculpt, but catch it in a photograph?? Who knows:rolleyes: I'm glad you like it overall, though.

Happens a lot with artwork Shawn, I've made drawings and things before, and when I do it on a sketch pad I'll often draw people with the pad at an angle and stuff, and while I'm drawing it, everything looks right, but when I rotate it like it should be, things are off, that's why it helps to look from many points of view, photos particularly can expose issues in work. I've done some figure repaints that have had issues I couldn't see until I photographed them and looked at the photos. Perhaps part of it is because as you're working on it, you want it to be right and it influences your perception, but once you're looking back on a photo after the fact, you see it better. Definitely look forward to the progress on your DP Loomis and Carpenter Myers as I'd like to get each.

Back