Sound off! Medicom RAH Troopers vs Marmit Troopers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom. These pictures say enough :)

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

So jealous of those troops Josh, they look awesome. I'm really considering getting one of those clones and having someone do a 501st repaint on it. It would look awesome next to Vaderkin.

Yeah, those custom troops are tits hot! How I would love to have those two beauties!

On the Medicom vs Marmit topic - I own plenty of figures from both companies, and to me Medicom wins it, hands down. Everything from the details, to the materials used is superior IMO. The Marmits can be used to make some killer customs though.

Back in day though, Marmit was king (before Medi improved their body and got the SW license). I remember getting my Marmit Fett and thinking "it can't get any better than this", now I'll probably say the same when my Medi Fett shows up - lol!

Both are good but of the shelf, medicom wins hands down.
It you want the marmits to be really good youve got to custom them to a better standard. Which is good fun.
Ive got rid of most of my medicoms star wars because of the clashing scales. I have kept all the marmit kits ready to assemble and tweek one day as they are more in scale with the SSc. HT and SSC are the only 1/6 scale figures im trying to keep with so that they all look similar on the shelf.

I only own one Marmit , the AT-AT Driver and to be honest , although a nice figure, it needed a lot of work to bring it up to "modern standard". The figure needed replacing and the outfit was not much better than the Hasbro version . This wasn't an issue for me as I got it at bargain price and as stated earlier in the thread , it's fun to bash these figures , but if I'd paid anything like I've seen these figures going for , I'd be pretty disappointed . Again , I don't see why Hasbro can't re-issue these figures as they own the license and although nicely detailed , they aren't the same quality as Medicom product .

So jealous of those troops Josh, they look awesome. I'm really considering getting one of those clones and having someone do a 501st repaint on it. It would look awesome next to Vaderkin.

Josh did a super job on mine. It ranks as one of my total fave pieces in all the stuff I got.

Josh, do you by any chance have a picture Of Vaderkin next to the 501st and/or Obi-Wan next to Cody???

No, I've not taken a pic of it next to the SS Vader actually. I should do that.

First of all: No offence to Josh and Josh!
But this pic illustrates perfectly what I don't like about the PT Stormies (well "Clones" actually). These designs make the troopers look as if they where going to the carnival in Rio de Janeiro. Again, no offence to the owner and the artist that made these figures. I just don't like what Lucas and his designers did in the PT with Troopers. All those colors... I think there's nothing that can compare to the original, sober Stormtrooper design of the OT. Even the Black Hole Trooper is inferior to the original white Stormtrooper look I think. What a little color can do... Perhaps I'm just a bit to old fashioned and purist in these maters. But even though I'm not to keen on these color patterns, as a Star Wars collector I'd LOVE to own these two fellas for sure!

I couldn't agree more!
Clone troopers don't hold a candel to the Stormies (although it mist be said, Stormies have a decidedly uncool penchant to bad aim and getting shot...)

See for me I think the Clones are way the heck cooler than the stormies. I like stormies but prefer the BHST to the regular white ones.

First of all: No offence to Josh and Josh!
But this pic illustrates perfectly what I don't like about the PT Stormies (well "Clones" actually). These designs make the troopers look as if they where going to the carnival in Rio de Janeiro. Again, no offence to the owner and the artist that made these figures. I just don't like what Lucas and his designers did in the PT with Troopers. All those colors... I think there's nothing that can compare to the original, sober Stormtrooper design of the OT. Even the Black Hole Trooper is inferior to the original white Stormtrooper look I think. What a little color can do... Perhaps I'm just a bit to old fashioned and purist in these maters. But even though I'm not to keen on these color patterns, as a Star Wars collector I'd LOVE to own these two fellas for sure!

Interesting point,now that you put it that way.Rio De janeiro heh ha ha ha

Brazil
When hearts were entertained in June
We stood beneath an amber moon
And softly whispered 'some day soon' We kissed and clung together
Then
Tomorrow was another day
The morning found me miles away
With still a million things to say Now
When twilight beams the skies above
Recalling thrills of our love
There's one thing I'm certain of Return I will
To old Brazil

Could not find the
[SIZE=-1]Portuguese text, but it's also wonderfully sung by Kate Bush. :D Kate Bush, ahhh... all of a sudden this thread has earned another star!
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Does anybody remember the original price of the marmits when they were first released? I can remember picking them upoff the shelf to look at them but can not recall the price.

They were pretty expensive IIRC. I paid $150 for my Boba Fett back in the day, but I think I paid around $100 or so for most of the others.

Good deals could be had on ebay or course, and I did score a Sandtrooper on clearance once for around $35 at some website.

I seem to recall the retail was like $80 for the Stormies... but that could totally be a made up number :lol

According to the Rebelscum website, they were about $65 retail in Hong Kong.

I prefer the ANH styled helmet on the Marmit Stormtroopers as opposed to the ROTJ version on the Medicom one but that's about all. I'm not a big fan of the multi colored Clones from the prequels either,IMO it was only done to give Hasbro the chance to release numerous variants of the same mold and the endless Clone variants were what put me off the 3 3/4" line for good. That said I really like the 2 customs from Hurricane and DarkArtist and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of getting an RAH style Shocktrooper somewhere down the line,either a custom or an official release.

i like to think that the clones were given their colors / markings to illustrate how the Republic utilized them over the Empire... they possessed distinguishing attributes and names... during the Imperial era, they became white drones.

Back