Sorry if this had been adressed before, but should James franco have played anakin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should it have been James franco playing Anakin instead of Hayden

• Yes

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 57.6%

• Total voters

Ven

Super Freak
Reaction score
title says it all Vote and explain your reasoning, I for one liked hayden but his acting was poop.

8309674_h.jpg

I think franco would have made him darker..

FIRST!

Just kidding. I have always thought that was stupid and was just feeling a little stupid today so I thought I would do that.

Anyway...back on subject. It has been addressed, but it is still true. Abso-freakin-lutely! James Franco should have played Anakin.

Maybe he will in the SE.:D

I remember hearing Lucas say he wanted a James Dean type for Anakin, and James Franco seems to be a clone of Dean so it makes perfect sense for him to have played the part. Perhaps Lucas found Franco's ability to emote too distracting.

No matter WHO played him, Lucas' lack of directing skills would've made him just as bad.

THIS could easily be true! He may very well have ruined the career of James Franco. So let's be happy the cards fell where they did.

Why do you believe James Franco can act any better than Hayden? Have you seen Spiderman 1-3? He's horrible.

Why do you believe James Franco can act any better than Hayden? Have you seen Spiderman 1-3? He's horrible.

I beg to differ. James was not an academy award winner in S1-S3, but he was solid at the very least.

Edit - In my own measly little inconsequential opinion.

James Franco as Anakin? That would have been of the hook! Someone more charismatic than Hayden Christiansen would have been nice. Don't get me wrong, I liked Mr. Christiansen as Anakin, but I'd rate him between a 7 and a 9. James Franco, on the other hand, I think would have been a 10 constantly. Speaking of less than Charismatic actors, Liam Neeson wasn't the most AWE INSPIRING, either. Laurence Fishbourne has the charisma that would been better.

James Franco as Anakin? That would have been of the hook! Someone more charismatic than Hayden Christiansen would have been nice. Don't get me wrong, I liked Mr. Christiansen as Anakin, but I'd rate him between a 7 and a 9. James Franco, on the other hand, I think would have been a 10 constantly. Speaking of less than Charismatic actors, Liam Neeson wasn't the most AWE INSPIRING, either. Laurence Fishbourne has the charisma that would been better.

Hmmm...not a bad point. I think I concur. Morgan Freeman also comes to mind.

But then, I would be referring to Morgan Freeman as Jedi Master Easy Reader for life. No...can't go their with a Jedi.

James Francos speech pattern comes off as sorta slow and retarded. Not drool and poop all over yourself retarded, but likes shiny objects retarded.

While I though Hayden did a fine job as Anakin, especially in ROTS, I think Franco is a slighty better actor and might have given a better performance.

But in the end, Lucas would be directing him. Portman can act and look how bad her parts turned out (she was pretty bad in ROTS, but still hot hot, hotter than heeeeeeeeeeell)

To George Lucas, acting is that silly, unimportant step you have to go through to make yourself lots of money.
Its ironic that he says he hires actors who can act but failed to hire a director that could direct. (In the PT, that is.)

James Franco may have done better.

All I know is that Hayden was terrible. :monkey4

What a random question :lol Kinda agree that its more the directing than the actors at fault. And Lucas evidently wanted Anakin to be a whiner, and that's what we got in spades.

Back