Media Sony closed my Ps4 account due to a $10 bank fee. That sound right to anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prepaid cards lowers your potential loss, however you end up wasting small funds since you have to purchase a fixed amount of reloads and bound to have leftovers not enough to purchase much other than useless avatars.

Also are they selling $10 prepaids for $10 or there's a margin?

So, reloadable debit cards is the best option, then?

I wish Amazon allowed you to buy PSN and Live prepaid cards in an amount of your choosing. Would eliminate any issues.....

Not sure if they still do, I'm certain they do, because it is only about 2 years old; but when I worked at GameStop (2014), they sold the exact amount and value for the digital item you wanted. For xbox they could do any amount needed.

If you only need 8 dollars, you pay 8 dollars. If you wanted 63 to cover the game and tax, you could pay 63.

For PSN, if you wanted the Uncharted map pack, for 12.99, you pay 12.99 plus tax; and you got the item to download.

It is a better route. I personally have PayPal for PSN, which I have upgraded protection, plus I then have protection from my bank. So I kind of have several security measures in place. Plus BofA has pretty good fraud protection; so I'm not worried.

All I do is when I want any thing from PSN, I get it all together with cards from a drugstore or wherever. And I never leave any amount available except maybe a few pennies.

Why isn't anyone using PayPal for their PSN? It's easy because you don't have to enter cards numbers and you have paypal protection aswell as whatever your bank has.

I also went with Paypal and updated it to my PSN account, using an ALL NEW Email never before used. Within 2 days, Paypal notified me of an attempt (only) to log in from about 1500 miles from me, currently. I do not believe in coincidences myself, so I am reading into this BIG TIME! At this point, I trust PSN about as much as I believe in Donald Trump. Which is to say, not at all.

Man I'm gonna start doing that, using Paypal. Though the old card on my PSN is actually deactivated but wow, Sony needs to fix their ****. This is why I don't want to pay for ps plus.

I deleted my stuff out of there after this **** happened to Matt, but I'll use Paypal for whenever I buy stuff off the network... which is rarely.

To be clear, I do not share my info with anyone ever. bank, emails, log ins, game info, etc. I have no kids, wifey, etc. Unless my cat is a hacker (looks at cat with suspicion suddenly) Don't know how they are doing it, but I have a 4 digit pin, and now have to enter my PSN password (which is unique to PSN) every time I make a purchase. And use paypal. And they still tried to get in. They didn't - which is great, but its left me leery as hell. 'they' - whoever that is, and I wonder if its from the inside myself - clearly know a lot more about this stuff than I do. But, I've done everything I can do.

Life, man. It'll bite you in the ass sometimes. LOL

Thank god for the Freaks board. You all are great.

Oh not all of us, don't be flattering :lol

I believe that you didn't share with anyone...but the cat...never trust a cat :lecture

To be clear, I do not share my info with anyone ever. bank, emails, log ins, game info, etc. I have no kids, wifey, etc. Unless my cat is a hacker (looks at cat with suspicion suddenly) Don't know how they are doing it, but I have a 4 digit pin, and now have to enter my PSN password (which is unique to PSN) every time I make a purchase. And use paypal. And they still tried to get in. They didn't - which is great, but its left me leery as hell. 'they' - whoever that is, and I wonder if its from the inside myself - clearly know a lot more about this stuff than I do. But, I've done everything I can do.

how does paypal works on PSN? do you log in to Paypal on PSN page, or does PSN bring you to official Paypal Page for log in?

also deleting previous data doesn't work, as the information is still within their database, unless they cleared they cache, why would they want to remove someone's credit card data totally?

i believe you have a Tyler Durden split personality. So you ever wake up in strange places or does your Tyler just play PS4 during 'his' time.

LOL, yeah, never thought of the split personality theory. Boy, I was quick to throw the cat under the bus

As for Paypal, I signed up using the psn store on my computer - pretty standard fair of signing in, etc

Back