Solo_bones Custom Jawas and Bases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of the robes I received the tallest Jawa will be 8.5" to 9" tall, the other robe is a little bis shorter; if I order any more I'll ask for a little bit taller...I'd really like to do a Jawa Jedi.

SB, do you distress the robes in any way...wash them or wet them down...or do anything to decrease that New Jawa Smell? :wink1:

Would this 3Ago figure be a good figure to start with for a Jawa? 20160902_231919.jpg

Yeah, I think that's a go!!! I cut the legs and arms down so they look like they have little people proportions. That figure you have is good for taller skinny jawas that were kids in robes...that look can be achieved with this body and no modifications.

I'm not sure how that body fits to the robe, that's first priority. If you're keeping the boots then you don't have a lot at the shins so I would do both, this then throw the proportions off on the arms, so then you need to do arms too, but arms are tricky because they need to hold and pose properly with the rifle. This is why I make sure to start out with a 7-8 body, so it's proportionate to a blaster and for posing and holding it properly.

Haven't heard from you in a while SB so I thought I'd ask a question to see if you're still out there. I'm trying to work out the strap for the blaster holster and was wondering if you cut your straps using a straight edge or cut them in a slight arc? I've been playing around with paper but it doesn't act like a piece of leather so I wanted to pick your brain before I commit to the cut...don't want to waist the leather. I'm thinking it should be cut at a slight arc.

Kicking off some more customs now that I built a small display shelves.

IMG_6064.jpg

I went with puck lighting and put it over the figure in this case to keep the hoods dark in the center to allow the eyes to glow best.

Back