Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn’t Solo always gonna be a summer release, as were the major episodes?

The switch to December was at JJ’s request as he needed more time to finish TFA.

IX has actually been moved three times: to December, back to May, then back to December again.

Not sure but the December time slot was great imo. Not super crowded and something to look forward to at the end of a long year. Play hooky from work in those weaning last few days and double and triple see the movie. I thought it was great.

Changing the release date on Solo or the Last Jedi would not have helped either one. They would still be the same movies regardless of what month it’s released.

Yes but competition at the box office is a real thing. At least for those on the fence with either limited time or limited resources. Faced with the choice, I’m sure most SW fans picked DP over Solo. Again, no one asked for this movie, so any boost it could have gotten would have helped, especially more room to breath. It was never going to be an A game offering, none of the anthology films will be imo as they should be kinda niche offerings to the fans and let word of mouth sell it to the casuals. That just has a better chance of working out without trying to make this type of movie duke it out with the industry A-gamers.
Riding the wake of TLJ certainly didn’t help. I’m sure this has made believers of the LFL story group.

I think I would have chosen any movie over Solo no matter when it came out.

“Look kids the new My Little Pony movie is playing!”

IMG_4334.JPG

"It was I who allowed Celebration to announce the release date of Rian's spin-off trilogy. It is quite safe from your pitiful little boycott. An entire legion of my best apologists await them. Oh...I'm afraid the RT critic scores will be quite overwhelming when the audience arrives."

Holy crap lol

"It was I who allowed Celebration to announce the release date of Rian's spin-off trilogy. It is quite safe from your pitiful little boycott. An entire legion of my best apologists await them. Oh...I'm afraid the RT critic scores will be quite overwhelming when the audience arrives."

you are too late on that, it was already predicted weeks ago

Back