Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nope, assumed he was practicing an ancient "magic"... one that was long dead. Which he was as a Sith, I know.

You caught me, Zach. You da man. You it.

You're not alone. That's exactly what I thought. Vader was practicing some ancient religion that no one else believed in or practiced, and was long dead and forgotten. Even after they elaborated that Vader hunted down and killed the rest of the Jedi, I thought that it was a small group of people that practiced that, but very much in the periphery of civilization. I definitely never thought they were the high profile guardians of the galaxy with a fancy downtown tower complex in the city planet that the prequels showed them to be.

I definitely never thought they were the high profile guardians of the galaxy with a fancy downtown tower complex in the city planet that the prequels showed them to be.

See? He gets it.

These guys were like Special Unit Police just a short time ago. Kids everywhere must have wanted to become Jedi. They probably played with Jedi toys and dolls. Then the Jedi get wiped out... and suddenly its a hockey, ancient religion.

:D

You're not alone. That's exactly what I thought. Vader was practicing some ancient religion that no one else believed in or practiced, and was long dead and forgotten. Even after they elaborated that Vader hunted down and killed the rest of the Jedi, I thought that it was a small group of people that practiced that, but very much in the periphery of civilization. I definitely never thought they were the high profile guardians of the galaxy with a fancy downtown tower complex in the city planet that the prequels showed them to be.

Ok so explain Obi-Wan then. Was he the only guy in the galaxy who knew about this "ancient" religion in ANH besides Vader?

Admit it, it went over both of your heads.

Ok so explain Obi-Wan then. Was he the only guy in the galaxy who knew about this "ancient" religion in ANH besides Vader?

Admit it, it went over both of your heads.

Yep. Like I said, the Jedi were just a small sect that existed on the outskirts of everyday life. Obi Wan, Vader, ANAKIN (a separate person!!!!), and a handful of others were a small group that practiced the Jedi religion. But the general public thought that the Jedi were long extinct and that no one had practiced it for hundreds of years and would never really know of the small group's existence.

Yep. Like I said, the Jedi were just a small sect that existed on the outskirts of everyday life. Obi Wan, Vader, ANAKIN (a separate person!!!!), and a handful of others were a small group that practiced the Jedi religion.
This is correct. The Galaxy is massive, and in comparison to every day humanoids their existence only took up a small percentage.

But the general public thought that the Jedi were long extinct and that no one had practiced it for hundreds of years and would never really know of the small group's existence.

This is not correct. Most of the general public had never seen nor met a Jedi, and if they did, they most likely would not have known. Obi-Wan pretty much outright states that the Jedi were around not long ago.

"A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force."

This is correct. The Galaxy is massive, and in comparison to every day humanoids their existence only took up a small percentage.

This is not correct. Most of the general public had never seen nor met a Jedi, and if they did, they most likely would not have known. Obi-Wan pretty much outright states that the Jedi were around not long ago.

"A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force."

I think that's pretty much what I was saying.:dunno

I thought you (and wor) were arguing towards the fact of the inconsistency between the PT and OT when it comes to an ancient religion? :dunno Not the Jedi themselves.

Not me. I was stating that SW has a very loose concept of time since people were complaining that the Millennial Falcon couldn't get dirty in just 10 short years. My point was that an entire popular religion, with a Jedi Temples all over, could be considered "ancient" after just 19 years of being eradicated.

Finally, something worth reading through this thread!

Back