Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018)

I mean they introduce interesting ideas that aren't safe, but then in the latter half of the film they go back on them and in the end just return to safe ideas.

For example, look at what they were doing with Rey and Kylo, and Luke to an extent. They were introducing a compelling idea in a grey area of light and dark. They toy with the idea of Rey and Kylo joining together to bring the light and dark into one. This is something we haven't seen before and is new.

However, they end up essentially going back on this and returning to light side vs dark side once again, with even Luke himself deciding to be good again. Kylo and Rey are once again in opposition and that grey aspect is ignored. Why introduce something like this when you aren't going to follow through with it?

What I've been saying is that Disney showed some new more risky storypathes, but got cold feet and returned to the dull plotline we have seen countless times.

They never once mentioned or alluded to the "grey" side....

...I think you've been reading too much of Snikts fanfic.

Upcoming Lego set hints at a long history of Han and Greedo shooting at each other across tables that will be more fully explored in "Solo: A Star Wars Story." Apparently they normally both miss until their final encounter in ANH.

lego-star-wars-cantina-set-2-1066031.jpg

Upcoming Lego set hints at a long history of Han and Greedo shooting at each other across tables that will be more fully explored in "Solo: A Star Wars Story." Apparently they normally both miss until their final encounter in ANH.

lego-star-wars-cantina-set-2-1066031.jpg

Hahaha that's Golden! I bet Han shoots first so we can all 'memba' how great it was when that happened in the OT ... but obviously misses cos he isn't a crack shot with a blaster yet (he will by the end of Solo obvs). Greedo shoots a reactionary shot and also misses. Then Emelia Clarke stuns Greedo before things really get out of hand between these two young hot heads. Which of course leads nicely into ANH (the nasty George Lucas re-edits) where Greedo 'memba's' Han being a hot head who always shoots first so Greedo shoots first this time (character development for Greedo yay)... but he still misses cos poor Greedo never learned to shoot good. It's so meta just like TLJ and it allows for the sale of a cool lego set as well - toy advertising and social commentary check :yess:

Hahaha that's Golden! I bet Han shoots first so we can all 'memba' how great it was when that happened in the OT ... but obviously misses cos he isn't a crack shot with a blaster yet (he will by the end of Solo obvs). Greedo shoots a reactionary shot and also misses. Then Emelia Clarke stuns Greedo before things really get out of hand between these two young hot heads. Which of course leads nicely into ANH (the nasty George Lucas re-edits) where Greedo 'memba's' Han being a hot head who always shoots first so Greedo shoots first this time (character development for Greedo yay)... but he still misses cos poor Greedo never learned to shoot good. It's so meta just like TLJ and it allows for the sale of a cool lego set as well - toy advertising and social commentary check :yess:

Perfect! :rotfl

I wonder if Disney will kill off Han Solo in this movie too.

I think someone recently mentioned that that's how they're going to open the movie.

"Yep, that's me getting impaled by my son's lightsaber. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation, well let's start at the beginning..."

This whole movie is about the Kessel Run right? Bet she does it in 11 parsecs..

:lol

She's definitely going to be the Bae Solo... gonna show how its done to the boys, right Kathleen? Yeah, that's right.

The world has become Marge Simpson... and we men are now all Homers.

I think someone recently mentioned that that's how they're going to open the movie.

"Yep, that's me getting impaled by my son's lightsaber. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation, well let's start at the beginning..."

Oh man :lol

She's definitely going to be the Bae Solo... gonna show how its done to the boys, right Kathleen? Yeah, that's right.

The world has become Marge Simpson... and we men are now all Homers.

doh !

Luckily after everything goes to pot she'll escape at the end as her ship (the Infinity Eagle) makes .4 past lightspeed...

Kathleen really needs you to write these movies for her, you really get it.

Millennium Falcon is probably even her ship originally before she looses it to Lando who looses it to Han who won it to give back to her, but she dies. Leaves Han her gold dice.

Kathleen really needs you to write these movies for her, you really get it.

Millennium Falcon is probably even her ship originally before she looses it to Lando who looses it to Han who won it to give back to her, but she dies. Leaves Han her gold dice.

The Falcon was originally Rey's Great Grandparents, who left it to their son (Rey's dad) who lost it to Lando (who then lost it to Han) and thus became an alcoholic for shaming his family and losing the families Legacy due to his being a chronic gambler... See, it was Rey's all along...

I predict more backlash if Boba Fett isn't in the movie at all. It may not seem that way now but after the movie comes out a lot of people are going to come to the realization that Lucasfilm passed on a perfect opportunity to put him in a film. Another big FU to the fans.

I predict more backlash if Boba Fett isn't in the movie at all. It may not seem that way now but after the movie comes out a lot of people are going to come to the realization that Lucasfilm passed on a perfect opportunity to put him in a film. Another big FU to the fans.

Don't worry, people will complain either way.

I predict more backlash ......

You could have stopped typing right there and you would be 100% correct.

Nothing will stop internet nerds from raging on SW and anything it’s does ever again.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how that person thinks! Maybe Han Solo makes a deal with a space wizard that gives him a 1up.

I was thinking something more along the lines of Han coming across a lightsaber and Lando saying “be careful with that, you don’t want to stab yourself in the chest.” And then they both look at the camera followed by...

Back