So why not 12" figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now short people do have a reason to live. Randy Newman was wrong. :woo
I expect to see amputee rates rise as well. Advertising will flourish, and weight loss programs will explode anew. "How to get rid of ten pounds of ugly fat? Cut off your head." La guillotine makes a comeback. A new world order has arrived. :doh. I'm just recycling the Bizarro world. Comics can get away with anything. Doncha love it.

More figs in tights please. Yes, I'm sure Sideshow arent the only ones looking to gain these licenses, but what is the future of 1/6th figures? What would happen if Sideshow gained such a license? The thing I like about the DC figs, is that, as far as I am aware, the line up has been announced as, four figures are going to see the light. As these figures aren't available elsewhere as 12 inch figures, I am going to buy them. I know in advance what I am in for. I know the line wont extend to twenty, out of proportion to the rest of my collection, figures at a later date. I would be most disappointed if they did. I like to know in advance, what is proposed for a line. I would be disappointed if the four figures proposed didn't happen too. I like to know what I am told is truthful and a promise, and have that promise kept. I would be disappointed if Sideshow gained such a license, and wound up production because Oingo Boingo man failed to sell. The completists and Oingo fans would buy him, the rest wouldn't, it is obvious. Of course Buffy is a different monster, as there are many re-incarnations. Superheroes only have alter egos, a secondary concern. Start off with the most popular saleable heroes and lower edition sizes as you proceed through the gamit of possibilities. Then when sales do impact, it will be time to call it quits. Sales slumps are then a valid reason. Whereas Buffy and PotA seem to hinge on the sales of the last produced figure. Don't produce a less popular figure in the middle of the line then. That would make planning easier, as you would have the bulk of your profit at the start, so you could determine a cut off point in advance. From a collectors perspective, I like having the line mixed, so you get the variation, and space to save, when a figure isn't one you'd buy, but it is fraught with frustration, and the impact of unknown circumstances. You can't have too many superhero figs. I would rather have Sideshow 1/6th super figs, than these DC ones, but that is something for the future to determine. Let's hope it happens. The sooner the better.

I think doing this would be a natural progression for Sideshow. As others said, Toybiz holds the rights, but they really only do 1 or 2 figures like this a year, and they're bleh. The rights to do figures in this scale are languishing under Toybiz's neglect. I'd personally love to see Sideshow do a Dr Strange or Dr Doom figure.

Next time Jesse Falcon(product manager of Marvel Legends for Toybiz) does a Q&A at the Fwooshnet boards I'll ask him what's up. I wouldn't feel so bad if Toybiz were doing a line like this themselves but by not, and holding up the rights, I think they're basically just leaving money on the table.

Of course, maybe Sideshow doesn't even want the license.

Of course, maybe Sideshow doesn't even want the license.

I really don't think that's the case. I think the likeliest scenario at this point would be if ToyBiz will allow SSC to import the Medicom figures. But I'd much rather see a Sideshow generated line of Marvel figures, either movie or comic version.

Back