So who makes the prop replicas now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Luca$film was smart they'd just open up their own official prop replicas division and make them themselves. I mean, who better to make completely authentic and accurate prop replicas then the guys who made them for the films? We have Luca$Arts, Luca$Books, etc. why not Luca$Props? Makes sense to me plus they would be the real deal.

The rumor going around is this is exactly what is going on. Seems like a good idea to me.

Actually, the real "villain" here is neither LFL or MR, but Corgi corporate.

Huh. I know IJ has an intimate knowledge of MR so I'm interested to hear the furthering of this....

As for the next Prop Replica company I have a feeling that the Star Wars license will not be given as a whole to one company. I think honestly, love them or hate them MR had a dynamic situation where they had a large gambit of SW stuff to make from FXs to .45 Scaled to 1:1. I think that the license will be cut up and peacemeal'd out to various companies all getting a hand in certain aspects. The hardest company will be the one who gets Lightsaber/Blaster Replicas because while its obvious there is still a lot to be done, the heavy hitters have been done and in recent buying memory. It'll be hard to get them to convert over and rebuy props. The breadwinner will really be the Helmet Replicas and Studio Scales companies because those resources were only lightly tapped by MR....

Master Replicas is run by a bunch of retards, and Steve Dymzo is a ******..... so my guess is a good as yours. :lol

If Luca$film was smart they'd just open up their own official prop replicas division and make them themselves. I mean, who better to make completely authentic and accurate prop replicas then the guys who made them for the films? We have Luca$Arts, Luca$Books, etc. why not Luca$Props? Makes sense to me plus they would be the real deal.

That actually makes perfect sense so there's probably zero chance LFL would ever do it. :lol

Since they own the licenses they don't have to pay licensing fees so all the profit is theirs. Luda$film is such a cash whore they will do it.

"Luda$film being such a cash whore"

yet we are all here looking forward to their next products... personally, i wouldn't want it any other way! in a world filled with product placement within films, merchandising outside of them lets the consumer decide.

Actually, the real "villain" here is neither LFL or MR, but Corgi corporate.
I wouldn't say that, this was soemthing building way before Corgi was involved. Corgi may have been the final straw but it was just about over before Corgi got into this mess.

I don't think any company would be smart to take the lightsaber props right now let some time go first. Studio Scale put out some big hitters and people will be all over them. I think no matter what letting some time go before anyone takes this is the best idea.

I wouldn't say that.
I would, because I now know exactly how it went down. Without sharing too many sensitive details... Corgi (a large, publicly-held company) buying out MR (a small, privately-held company) was precisely the catalyst that spelled the end when it came to negotiating a new Star Wars licensing agreement with LFL. The details are rather bloody, actually. And even though Corgi acted like douches when the announcements went down (pulling out of C4 at the last second and handing out a letter at their CS party that was full of pure B.S.) it was actually even worse behind-the-scenes and could have exploded even further had cooler heads not prevailed.

In the end, the folks who work at Master Replicas were as much victims in this whole thing as the fans and collectors. But LFL was not in the wrong here at all. This is all at the feet of Corgi.

In the end, the folks who work at Master Replicas were as much victims in this whole thing as the fans and collectors. But LFL was not in the wrong here at all. This is all at the feet of Corgi.

I am not privy to inside information and I deduced that!
You could smell this coming from a mile away.

From who I spoke to at LFL, they are hot letting this interupt offical props any more than they have to. They are hot the job to get things up and running again.

All will be well.
Different, but well.
I am not worried.
....Though, my bank account shudders.....from time to time......Oh dear.
:D

Truly there are a lot of talented people that make their own. Try surfing around replica prop forum and check out the masterpieces some people create. I myself own 5 1:1 scale light sabers none of which were made by MR yet all look great.

very true i own several that have been created and IMO they are almost better than MR. my favorite fan made is the obi wan apprentice saber that i got years ago from another prop forum that i visit from time to time.

~~ARMOR lets see SS make some armor. a 1:1 vader would truly be impressive. i've always wanted to get one for my room to have on display and i think SS would do awesome work on it after seeing their droids.

I own 3 sabers (Obi apprentice, Obi TPM, Qui Gon) from Stormpath. The greatest artist at his craft IMO.

Also own a couple by Oz. Both of these are the only people I'd ever buy a custom saber from.

Ive been a fan of MR product (not the company itself) but once they F'd me over by canceling one of my Mara Jade orders, that was the last straw. Im glad they are done, they should have been finished a year ago. Bring on new blood.

very true i own several that have been created and IMO they are almost better than MR. my favorite fan made is the obi wan apprentice saber that i got years ago from another prop forum that i visit from time to time.

~~ARMOR lets see SS make some armor. a 1:1 vader would truly be impressive. i've always wanted to get one for my room to have on display and i think SS would do awesome work on it after seeing their droids.

does anyone have pics and links to where we can contact these custom gods? I'd really be interested in getting the rest of the jedi council sabers??

D

A 1:1 Vader is easily possible.. with patience (And Money.)

vader2.jpg

Thats my Vader. Of course, I'm also in that suit. And one day someone with make a 1/6 Vader to match me. ;)

But, Full Scale armor isn't difficult to find, just takes time and money for accurate pieces.

Sorry I didn't get this poted last night. Got busy with family. Okay left to right we have

Plo Koon AOTC resin and repainted by me $10 off ebay
Obi TPM/AOTC metal made by Larbel $230 from Larbel several years ago
Obi ANH metal made by Parksabers painted by me $125 group purchase through RPF
Vader ANH resin parts on chrome pipe made by me about $75 for parts
Luke ESB metal made by Parksabers $170 off ebay
Luke ROTJ metal found on ebay and finished by me about $100 for unfinished saber + $50 for activation box
Kyle Katarn PVC hardware parts made by me about $10-$15 in parts + time

Resizeof100_4872.jpg

Links
Replica Prop Forum
www.therpf.com

Parksabers
www.parksabers.com

Enjoy!!!!

Avoid Parks Sabers at all costs (no pun intended).

:monkey4

I have heard about the issues around the MPP flash. I don't totally remember the details but Parks borrowed a real MPP flash from a collector that was worth quite a bit to use as a reference for the replica ones he sells now. Supposedly when it was returned to the original owner it was not in as good a condition as when it left and had some original parts replaced with the replica parts. I purchased the Obi saber before this came about and the graflex saber I purchased through ebay from someone else. I haven't gotten a MPP flash from Parks partially because of what had happened. But I have been very happy with the two sabers I do have. Very well done.

Last edited:
Back