So what is there to offer for statues from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I started watching Buffy recently and I am liking it a lot, but because Sideshow released their stuff such awhile back I am having a hard time finding a list of what statues they did.

Does anyone have a list of them and advice/recommendations on them? Were there QC issues? Do they go for a lot now? Etc...

I started watching Buffy recently and I am liking it a lot, but because Sideshow released their stuff such awhile back I am having a hard time finding a list of what statues they did.

Does anyone have a list of them and advice/recommendations on them? Were there QC issues? Do they go for a lot now? Etc...

In terms of statues:

- Premium Formats: Black Dress Buffy, Angel, Spike, Red Pants Buffy

- Maquette/1:5th statue line: Buffy, Willow, Faith, Spike, Angel

I don't collect the 12" figures, so I couldn't tell you much about those.

In terms of QC, I felt that the quality of the maquette line was FAR superior to that of the PFs. The Angel and Spike pieces, in particular, are far better than their predecessors, IMO. I felt that whole line was really we done. The detail is amazing as well (in particular the Willow base and Faith base.) The Premium Formats are really nice, but you can't compare the detail between the two. The maquettes win that title. The lack in size, however, being approximately 1:5 scale (when compared to the PFs.) When you get one in-hand though, I don't think you'll be phased.

Price wise, they hold their own pretty well on the secondary market. The PFs go for every bit of retail and then some, especially when it comes to the Exclusives. I won't throw out prices because when it comes to places like Ebay, there's no telling. I've gotten some amazing deals. And then there's other days when you wonder what people are bidding on, as the price skyrockets. If you're going to invest, I'd say go for the Exclusives, especially when it comes to the Angel/Spike pieces (PFs or Maquettes.)

I'll try and post some pics of mine to give you an idea. (I'd like to think my pics are decent. :lol)

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

AngelPF5.jpg

AngelPF8.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

Willow1.jpg

Willow7.jpg

Faith1.jpg

Faith10C.jpg

For some reason, I never took any of Spike or Angel (maquettes) which are arguably the best in the line.

Hopefully, this helps.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200030 This is the only buffy statue I own, but damn it is impressive. I'm glad I went with the exclusive it was well worth it. I'm not sure what the prices are at right now, but I was able to snag one on ebay a couple of years back for 170 shipped so you might be able to get a good price on one.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200030 This is the only buffy statue I own, but damn it is impressive. I'm glad I went with the exclusive it was well worth it. I'm not sure what the prices are at right now, but I was able to snag one on ebay a couple of years back for 170 shipped so you might be able to get a good price on one.

That's an awesome deal! Nice work.

I scored an Angel Ex. Maquette for dirt cheap way back when. It was too good to pass up.

The deals are definitely there. It's a rarity, but nonetheless, possible.

These are really cool guys thanks! I think I might try to get the red pants Buffy PF, the throne Buffy, and the Angel PF those are all really cool! I would have to get the EX for Angel though I like the vampire face a lot more on that piece.

Stay on top of ebay, the statues are for sale on there more than you'd think. The pricing, however, is another thing, but every so often someone will post one with no minimum bid. I just started collecting a little over a year ago and have already secured the entire exclusive versions of the PF and 1/5 lines. Just be diligent.

Back